1st Song I've Produced For My New Band, Soltré

wow dj io, you’ve commented on every track in this forum! I just had to bump this ;) cheers to the active listener!

question: what software did you use to compress this in / what codec etc? Some mp3’z always sound crap in my media player, due to the compression…like I’m listening to your track & I hear all these little artifacts underneath the kickdrum/scratch(?). Really messes up the listening experience…tho I can tell some true songwriting skillz nevertheless…
the singer is aight, I like the guitar work & different sections you’re introducing.

grtz

Rico

mmm, cit. could maybe be that the drum sounds aren’t as pronounced as I’d like, a deeper/compressed snare maybe? + lack of real bass… whatever

my encode was lame mp3 cbr @ 192, quality setting 2, joint stereo.

edit: guess i should have done VBR, i think i will start to do that for everything from now on

although if you downloaded groovyone’s version, he remastered my mp3 and reencoded (since he did it without the source material) so you are listening to a file that has been mp3’d two times – so i definitely wouldn’t be surprised at any artifacts there.

i actually didn’t use any compression on the drums… i’m still pretty new to this whole compression/dsp chain/mixing/mastering stuff… still trying to figure out how it all works.

Nice one dj io. :)

I agree that some of the choruses could be extended a bit, but other than that, the structure is really good. I had to get used to the drums getting ahead of the beat (i.e. the early snare hit) in the verses, but other than that, and the excessive guitar scratching, it all went well into my ears.
Look forward to hearing the rest. ;)