[2.7] More Tuned Devices!

Could someone repost the file from The Bellows-it’s expired?

Thank you dblue, for sharing this!

Yes, please RapidShare it, or chuck it up on MediaFire or something.

This is too much science for me, when i take a look at the dsp-chain, but its very PHAT.

Oh sorry, the links only lasts for a week, but if anyone has a better hosting solution feel free to upload it anywhere.

Edit: I uploaded the file to Internet Archive now, and it seemed to work much better than i thought it would: http://www.archive.org/download/InvisibleMelodies/InvisibleMelodies.xrns
Totally free direct link hosting, that’s something! :yeah:

Also very cool to make the first pattern 1, 2 or 4 lines and let it play

spaces away

Hey thx! :)
We need dsp grouping, my chains always looks so messed, this isnt clear even for me.

epic.

thanks for re-upping.

But i have a general question. Why does the trackmute have no effect on such kind of songs ?

Because you are using Mute Mode = Off (Don’t Trigger Note Events)

There are not note events, it’s all done by DSPs.

Try loading a sample, putting a mpReverb in with Duration at maximum and toggle the Mute. You will hear the reverb tail still.

Now change Mute Mode to Mute (Silence Audio Signals) and try again.

Mute Mode is found in Option Menu → Mute Mode

Wow, this is so nice… could you tune the stutter device as well even though it’s deprecated?

Extremely cool. Huge fan of this kind of creative effecting.

While sorting my DSP presets, I had to search for this again. THE killer thread in the Tips & Tricks.

second that… should be sticky. This is the thing that is most essential to make tracks ‘from scratch’ (OK Ringmod device is close, otherwise, but none of the others are mappable without this)
thanks dblue :D

(protip: you can build whole synthy sounds with these lfo’s chained (I have all lfo presets saved as “True Notes - Comb Filter” for instance), start with a keytracker C-0 / B-9 that goes 0-100% to a hydra, then let that hydra send 0-119 to different “true notes” lfos’ resets. even have a high pass filtered-scream filter move accordingly but one or two octaves lower by having a extra formula and hydra device: Formula is easily: A - .1 for one octave (ten octaves total) - but remember to send 0-100% to this formula! I’ll send some examples soon what the native devices can do. In short dblue it’s awesome)

This needs to be included as part of the Renoise install instead of all those corny samples.

If you have an ear for how to set these up it sounds better than any resynthesis plugins that I’ve come across. Glad I never bought Alchemy.

It at least should be one of the included tutorials (though this might be impossible, since the next version’ll be 3.0)

my derived examples; (toolchains, not songs, so try em on a track…)
simple_env_key_filter.xrnt
simple_key_reso.xrnt

so cool, thank you very much for sharing with us !

Is there a tuned LFO? Or is it possible to have one?

Is there a tuned LFO? Or is it possible to have one?

The LFO is based on lines per cycle, so it’s impossible to tune chromatically, so the best thing you can do really is to make a keytracker control the frequency of an LFO. Try using a curved scaling to compensate for the curvy frequency slider, or use a custom LFO if the basic curves won’t work the way you want.

The LFO is based on lines per cycle, so it’s impossible to tune chromatically, so the best thing you can do really is to make a keytracker control the frequency of an LFO. Try using a curved scaling to compensate for the curvy frequency slider, or use a custom LFO if the basic curves won’t work the way you want.

Right thanks! Totally forgot about this. In fact, I’m not sure what I was after when I did this post. Sure seemed important though :badteeth:

This seems to be off for the new filters. Any chance for an update?