2 years without update ?

And Importent: visual analyser in eqs to See what you did

Or use your ears?

renoise is first piece of software, that is done 100%

no need for updates, its perfect as it is :slight_smile:

renoise is first piece of software, that is done 100%

no need for updates, its perfect as it is :slight_smile:

… seriously ? you’re joking ?

I had a Tracker! I had a Renoise Tracker! And he was perfect! Perfect in every way!

I started with sound forge and vegas i used to pitch samples in sound forge and arrange them in sony vegas because i didnt know about midi and samplers and vsts. i then moved to cubase but it didn’t get much better i was using the wavetable synth that comes with the sound card and making very simple uneducated music.

I then discovered Fruity loops 2.4 or less which a the time was very basic i stuck with FL untill it started to flesh out i could never get around the way it organises patterns instead of the traditional method. I lost all my work due to a Hard drive failure 4 thousand + songs I then went into Ableton Live for some time.

One day i said right I’m goingto use re-noise, as id never fully explored it, untili can make a song in it. After the initialhead scratchingand confusion itdawned on me it started to saturate my mind and envelope my subconsciousafter some time it became my friend, my guardian and my “safe space”. When I use Renoise I feel directly connected to the music to that place is manifests and imprints on me when i least expect it.

There are so many DAWS out there If you feel limited by Renoise then get Redux and use your tradition DAW of choice. Ive been totaly happy with renoise since 2.8 which was spot on it worked a treat i do love 3.1 though the ui changes are great id love a built in syth but i have many VST to choose from so its not the end of the world. I use Renoise and one VST synth Dune 2. I used to have so many it got silly now i limit my tools i can always use the sampler and external hardware.

Renoise enabled me to get through a very dark period in my life i think if not for music i would not be hear both listening and creating it have kept me from loosing my mind and brought me out of the void (something i can never reallyput into words but is in every track i made in renoise).

I know people always want more and more but for me renoise is as close to perfection not because it has all the latest features that every other DAW has or a fuckingpiano roll (which i never want to see in renoise) but for the interaction it gives you with the music, something i cant put my finger on exactlybut its there and it lets me feel.

Aanyway rant over - make music with the tools you have if your tools limit you then get better tools but at what point can you keep blaming your tools for lack of ability?

humm seems to be sterile discussion… I’m not blaming Renoise of lacking abilities, it’s a fabulous tool! but I want it to try to evolve more and more!

I just want this bugfix to be released tbh

I haven’t updated my MPC1000 jjos2xl since July 2015 :smiley: Still worksflawlessly, haven’t had any crash in years… as with Renoise too :smiley:

Let’s not get caught in that “waiting for the game-changing update” cycle.

I still see people using OctaMED today… or vintage hardware samplers… and they all are used for what they are and what they give sonically or workflow-wise

Buy an iPad and grab Beatmaker 3, its swish !!

The about page in Renoise 3.1.0 says it was compiled 9 January 2016.

That’s just 1.5 years!

Exactly my point! Seems everyone is reading too many product catalogs or watching Youtube videos about other products (can’t help it though, browsing is fun…). However, ask yourself this question, how much music are your really creating end of day, and how much of what is in the market is exactly NEW, as in GROUNDBREAKING?

Just like a love story, movie makers either come up with a truly original story or just cash grabs and retelling of the same old thing. Renoise is very unique in everything, the scene, the roots and the method of making music with it itself. Its not exactly a people pleaser, neither a sell out either. Keep your hopes up and continue doing what Renoise was made initially for.

Also learn more music, entire classical music was made without ANY DAW whatsoever, same with Jazz. Certainly buy the hardware like a LaunchPad or an MPC but also maybe a REAL instrument like a Guitar or Piano and learn to read music and build skills in orchestration and composition. Those will take years, enable you to make better music and teach you about the methods what the great composers are known for. Trackers are fantastic in a cyber era of things that we are living in, but do not forget where the music came from. NO amount of feature set in software will enable you to make ‘better’ music, than your own brain.

Buy an iPad and grab Beatmaker 3, its swish !!

Beatmaker is top notch MPC clone. An external controller with pads get the PADS bit really well. I did not like the timing capture in the sequencer as it was not recording and playing back correctly. Also the quantize is a very weird kind of implementation that I understood and stayed away from it. It has its own bugs and crashes too. But the UI and the sound quality was certainly worth it. Price is less too. I still have a license for it on the App store. Good stuff for sample based music. Sampler section is every extensive, layers and zones and all that.

GarageBand app has a very playable Bass and Electric guitar and it scales well on the iPad screen real estate. Best virtual bass playing experience ever. Including bends and pull offs and slaps. Beats any paid VSTi for FREE on the iPad.

Couple this with Notion App and AudioBus, makes the iPad totally worth it for mobile stuff.

I haven’t updated my MPC1000 jjos2xl since July 2015 :smiley: Still worksflawlessly, haven’t had any crash in years… as with Renoise too :smiley:

Let’s not get caught in that “waiting for the game-changing update” cycle.

I still see people using OctaMED today… or vintage hardware samplers… and they all are used for what they are and what they give sonically or workflow-wise

Nice and very true. In the current climate of mass consumerism and fast-fashion materialism where things sold today as junk just day after tomorrow is what the real problem is, not the feature set of any worthwhile investment. Today’s youth generations are facing numerous problems from over population and overcrowding, lack of jobs, depleting resources and pollution and ill health and stress etc. Minimalism is taking the world by storm as a genuine way to maximise efficiency and happiness in ones life. LESS IS MORE (less as in less fluff and redundancy and waste and needless accumulation, not deficiency but efficiency and focus; likewise MORE as in more time, more productivity, more results, more focus). There is a difference between being a ‘cheap skate’ and a frugal pragmatist or an ‘aimless wanderer or hobo’ and a world explorer. Which side you take also has impact in your life. Just like a gym membership, with the floor filled with useless gadgets, if you just use a strong pull up bar and use THAT everyday, you will have a rock solid upper core and 6 pack in no time.

Discipline is the secret for a lot many achievers and both celebrated and unsung heroes round the world, and maybe we all can and should learn from what others are doing right. Chasing trends is not the solution, it is part of the problem. A trend is neither timeless nor an evolution, it is transient, and it gives oneself a transitory pleasure. Basically with new gear and hardware-software, we are chasing pleasure, and getting sold on the idea of making ‘better’ music, which ironically 2 years after or even sooner will be seen as an old tool to give place for the next best thing. Barely even 5 years time – that is the longevity of the current industry. Why? Because people need to make money. That is why. Not because you need their latest ‘innovation’, but genuinely because they need your money, and also because they know they can sell it to you.

It certainly worked the last time, did it not?

Choosing wisely and sticking with it is the best way forward. If you have money to burn then by all means pamper yourself, enjoy this world well since you wont be able to take a dime with you when you make to the next one.

I just want this bugfix to be released tbh

Seems to be fixed though right? Given your timestamp it seems you have not gone over the bugfixes I suppose.

Seems to be fixed though right? Given your timestamp it seems you have not gone over the bugfixes I suppose.

it’s fixed in the next version, which still isn’t out

honestly the long development cycles are totally understandable since it’s a complex piece of software being worked on by a relatively small team, but the consistent policy of lacking communication of planned features is weird

Whoever has put the title of this topic seems to have speculated well over time.Probably in 2 years or even more we will not see a “update version” of bug fix, possibly called 3.1.1 (this is not a new version, but a bug fix of version 3.1.0.).Strictly speaking, a new version like “3.2” will likely arrive in 3 or 4 years…, or more?

This bug was detected in late January 2016 (1 year and 6 months ago).It is already in the list of bugs solved.The problem is that the new version with all these bugs resolved from the list will arrive probably after 2 years or even more.

Fixing bugs does not seem to be a problem. In practice, they usually resolve soon, or very soon. Perhaps “the problem” is copying again a new software package for each platform, which seems much more complex than fixing loose bugs.In the list there are about 20 bugs solved, problems with version 3.1.0.It’s been more than half year since these bugs are solved. But launching a new version with those bugs does not cost 6 months.It simply is not planned to launch yet, because “the time” is being used for something else (not Renoise).

it’s fixed in the next version, which still isn’t out

honestly the long development cycles are totally understandable since it’s a complex piece of software being worked on by a relatively small team, but the consistent policy of lacking communication of planned features is weird

The main developer is working on other software. “The problem” is not the complexity of Renoise’s software. If time is used for software other than is not Renoise, it is normal for years to see a new version that only solves some bugs (I repeat: only solves some bugs).As the title of this topic indicates, the issue is “the time”, not “the complex software”.It would be reasonable a new version every 2 years (because it’s a small team), but not a version that only solves several bugs.

It is not just the lack of communication. It is also the ways in which responsible people will answer you if you ask about these issues.New people, enter the forums and ask. The impression that will be taken will not be very good.The only solution for all is this: “much patience!”

Having said all this, error correction is also very important! Some users have problems with those bugs (errors solved months ago, without a release yet).

The main developer is working on other software.

that’s what’s been told. no proof of that.

Eduard Mueller’s LinkedIn profile-

https://www.linkedin.com/in/eduard-mueller-b9374b7/

He did work for Ableton and ended the stint at 2008. Currently works at both Renoise and Supramotion, based in Berlin. His profile is surprisingly sparse in terms of details and only 61 core connections, which is nice btw, he knows what he wants or needs, and not very privy to outsiders.

Must be other update in these forums though, his number of posts is exponentially huge…

@raul: “This bug was detected in late January 2016 (1 year and 6 months ago). It is already in the list of bugs solved. The problem is that the new version with all these bugs resolved from the list will arrive probably after 2 years or even more”

I would be surprised, but I replicated @dblue’s steps and tried to get the bug come out in different ways on the automation panel, and it looks to be fixed already. Not sure why is it ‘solved’ but still in revision?

that’s what’s been told. no proof of that.

Ok, but for me it is enough that taktik mentioned it, and I think that danoise and dblue too. I trust in the words of these men.I do not believe at all that someone has the need to lie.

If there is no news about the new taktik software, it will be because there is nothing finished, and they will not want to announce anything. This is called “behind closed door” software development.

Eduard Mueller’s LinkedIn profile-

https://www.linkedin.com/in/eduard-mueller-b9374b7/

He did work for Ableton and ended the stint at 2008. Currently works at both Renoise and Supramotion, based in Berlin. His profile is surprisingly sparse in terms of details and only 61 core connections, which is nice btw, he knows what he wants or needs, and not very privy to outsiders.

Must be other update in these forums though, his number of posts is exponentially huge…

This is the first time I see a taktik photo :lol:

@raul: “This bug was detected in late January 2016 (1 year and 6 months ago). It is already in the list of bugs solved. The problem is that the new version with all these bugs resolved from the list will arrive probably after 2 years or even more”

I would be surprised, but I replicated @dblue’s steps and tried to get the bug come out in different ways on the automation panel, and it looks to be fixed already. Not sure why is it ‘solved’ but still in revision?

I have not checked this bug, but it would not be strange that the list of pending bugs is not 100% updated. Maybe a slip?By the way, have you tried it with the relevant operating system?

Probably more errors have been detected already exist and there is no advertised on this list of pending bugs.

Meanwhile, Renoise Scriping and Tools Forums are empty! Encourage to learn LUA and to share tools or tests of tools :D. Meantime!

… seriously ? you’re joking ?

I actually feel this way too; i boot it up, i can do whatever the heart desires, its flawless and stable.

I’m wondering if the next update will be a bugfix update or a new feautures update though…

I’m wondering if the next update will be a bugfix update or a new feautures update though…

I understand that just bugfix, there is no major change or addition.Until Taktik returns, there are no more plans. In fact, I think they were planning to release version 3.1.1 months ago, but in the end they have delayed it. But that’s what I think. Do not expect responsible people to be very detailed here.

How about summer and vacations?There’s a lot of beach around here!!! :slight_smile: