[3.0] [XRNS/I] Scale fitted phrases

Like the title says these are phrases that always stays in scale. I’ll probably make more scales, but for now i made one for harmonic minor and one for natural minor.
They’re made on top of the Big Bloomer instrument.

They work like this:
Any key you press will trigger a note that is within the respected scale. If a note is not in the scale it plays the nearest compatible note below.
The first note of the phrase is always the note you insert, but the rest are random notes within the scale. This way you have more control over the randomness.
If the LPB settings in the phrases doesn’t fit in your track you can always edit the phrases, but you can also insert two of the same instrument on different columns and lines, then it will play faster/different intervals.
The octave range isn’t all that great, but that is fairly easy to change in the phrase editor.

These are just some very simple examples where i haven’t manipulated the melodies at all, they are simply 5 tracks with 1 first note in each pattern, arranged in the PM and a couple of tempo changes. One of the tracks has no automation, but on the other i have automated the macros a bit to make it a little more interesting.

Edit: Here i have made a demonstration of what these phrases are capable of:
1 Instrument - 32 Lines
Mp3 preview:

The Instruments:

C Natural Minor

XRNS: https://archive.org/download/ScalePhraseBloomers/NaturalMinorBloomer.xrns

A Harmonic Minor

XRNS: https://archive.org/download/ScalePhraseBloomers/HarmonicMinorBloomer.xrns

Not much point in mentioning, maybe, that’s what plus 1 is for.

Just saying, noticed the bellows is becoming super awesome?

I have always been super awesome, i just had to wait for Renoise to follow. Haha, only joking. :P
Over the years i’ve produced so much crap that statistically some of it accidentally just has to turn out pretty nice. :lol:
I’m no scholar and i can’t even read a note sheet, so don’t shoot me if what i make is not “musically correct” though, all i really care about is if it sounds good in my ears.

I actually kind of made this a few years ago, the principle mostly the same though there were no phrases or macros back then. It is not anywhere near as powerful for serious music creation though. I’m talking about my Invisible Melodies.
(Turn the volume down on the line ins if you have a microphone on or sing along for nice effect :D )

I realised that you can do almost everything with one phrase that you can with the scale phrases i released with 70 phrases in each, so unless i need it for something very specific i doubt i’ll make more of those. The difference is that you can use the offset instead of the transpose key tracking setting. Not a huge advantage as you can do the same with an s00 command. . It is also better if you want to customize a seletion, make one note play faster than the other and so on, so it’s not completely useless though. :D/>
The 1 phrase is much easier to manipulate than 70, so in most cases it will be easier to work with.

There is one universal phrase you can use if you just want some random notes within a scale, just write all the 12 notes in one octave on the first line with an y1 command (vol or pan column) on each note, or 02 or higher if you want a note to play more often than the others. Then add a 0y00 in the effect column, make shure key tracking is set to transpose and choose the scale you want.

If you want it to always start on the actual note you press, put a c-4 (if that’s your basenote) on the first line and the next something like this:

....... ...... ....... ...... C4.... ....... ...... ....... ...... ...... ....... ...... ....  
....... ...... ....... ...... ...... ....... ...... ....... ...... ...... ....... ...... ....  
G#3..Y1 A3..Y1 A#3..Y1 B3..Y1 C4..Y1 C#4..Y1 D4..Y1 D#4..Y1 E4..Y1 F4..Y1 F#4..Y1 G4..Y1 0Y00  
....... ...... ....... ...... ...... ....... ...... ....... ...... ...... ....... ...... ....  
G#3..Y1 A3..Y1 A#3..Y1 B3..Y1 C4..Y1 C#4..Y1 D4..Y1 D#4..Y1 E4..Y1 F4..Y1 F#4..Y1 G4..Y1 0Y00  
``` (I started on G#3, you don't have to do that it's just personal taste)  

You can always make a specific phrase for the scale, then you can have it randomize up to 12 notes, let's say you us a 6 note scale then you get two full octaves. If that's not enough for you, then go ahead and use 12 more maYbe's in the pattern editor, now you're talking random. ![:lol:](https://files.renoise.com/forum/emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

You mean Super Sawesome…