64-Bit Cpu Has Nothing To Do With Audio Precision

Serious , that could be a possible explanantion
I hace a friend who is totally convinced he’s from the star system ‘sirius’ and he is here on earth to bring balance , and peace .
Mind you , he’s atotal nutcase and mixes al his songs at 64bit/192 khz on crappy laptopspeakers.
Then he lets me hear the final result , a total mess over overmaximized distorted blocky waveform , and asks m e…do you hear the difference and clarity … TOTAL NUTCASE

Dude, at least my music doesn’t sound bad… (as far as I know, my friends like it) and im not a TOTAL nutcase (I think). I just hear voices all the time…

I’m on meds as well (specifically, SSRI anti-depressant). Shall I say “Welcome to the club” or be at least welcomed to it?

Music helps. Confirmed by my therapist. Let’s not wait for our imminent doom in silence and make some more NOIZZZ!

theres nothing i could care less… ( most vsts are 32bit anyways ) but as a thought:
bigger audiofiles = better quality = more memory needed
and no, im not getting kontakt or alike for that task.

btw: i liked BitArts rant alot. hot discussion.
except the 64bit part and that he called renoise a daw.

I couldnt agree more

sorry , I didn’t mea, to insult you , it’s just a fact that my friend’s a nutcase , I am not judging people on antipsychotics , in fact my brother has 3 pychotic experiences during the last 10 years ,I witnessed saw them al happen from the front line seat , he has to take medication for the rest of his lifeand stilll hears voices .sorry If I offended you .
My friend is nuts and refuses to take medication , refuses to believe he is psychotic , .
peace

dude, no offence taken. :)

OK, I’ve had a few beers and I’ll bite.

No you can’t. Fact.

The best audio interfaces may approach 130dB but it’s still much less than 24bit 144dB maximum. The whole precision “thing” is IMHO misunderstanding - there may be benefits of 64fp when doing heavy DSP or destructive editing. However that’s all…?

From practical side the 64bit “x86” has twice number of general purpose registers (from 8 to 16) and SSE vector ones (8 to 16 too). For sure it can boost performance and Renoise is prime example of such improvement. :)