A Couple Of Issues I'd Like To Bring Up

how bout a nice box.

so when i go to GUITAR CENTER.

i can see it right next to all the crazy expensive programs on the shelff behind the idiots who work there, who know nothing more then to say…
“buy protools , its industry standard”

as i laugh cuz TRACKERS
are the future of electronic music!!!

we get slept on! jus because our software is cheap. and we make music in our cribs!

i agree with alexander.

make dope trax and dont be a bitch when someone asks you how u made it!
you stand up and say " i made this in RENOISE!"

“protools is for fags!!!”

stop gaybashing, this sucks.

however, a boxed version would be nice, but does require a factory that does it aswell as an distributor which gets the boxes into the stores -> very expensive.

And also I don’t see much sense in selling a 4 MB program on CDs :).

looza are u gay?

lol, didnt know i should sensor myself here.

no offence to the gays of the universe.

i guess there would be gay renoise users… afterall someones gotta make , happy hardcore!

i am not gay and i think using homosexual slurrs is ignorant. it’s not a question of censorship, it’s a question of how ignorant a remark may be perceived to be. please refrain from using language that may be construed as a direct insult to individuals of a given race, sex or sexual orientation. thanks :)

whats up with the world?

i cant say fag now?

especially in the context i was originally using it?

nahh , man i will use when i please.

im sure 9 outta 10 people who read my original post didnt take offence to it.

i wasnt atacking anyone!

but u took it to heart!

i stand by my statement

“protools is for FAGS!”

F A G S

im sick of the polliticaly correct!

FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION goes hand and hand with music.

you of all people should know this.

so criticize all ud like…

i will continue clown the faggots using protools!

<_< hmmmmm… except the fact that Race and Gender are sorten out naturally and one has little to do with it.
This is what makes it really meaningless to relate race or gender to generically describe one’s mind (Italian=Lazy, German=Nazis, African=Thieves, American=Militarists, English=Cold, blondes=gullible, Redhaired=horny, etc…)

Sexual orientation seems to be rather made of the choices you made in your life… and as a matter of fact, choices can instead be taken, be changed, and they are related more than anything else to your state of mind… and your mind can well be discussed (psychology) and liked or disliked etc.

But this has nothing to do with the topic and should be moved to OT…

You’re damn right white boy! B)

Respectfully disagree - I’ve read material which strongly suggests otherwise. For example, research suggests that sexual orientation has a lot to do with whether you get a flood of testosterone during brain development in the womb. The vast majority of boys get it, but not all do, and not all girls don’t.

the last time I heard someone saying that gays choose to be gay was in a discussion with some christian people, who claimed that those people choose their (to them actually) sinful lifestyle and thus its their own fault when they end up in hell (which they wont, if not for the reason that heaven and hell dont exist imho.)

however, I am confident that becoming gay infact is a series of pre-birth chemical chainreaction stuff, mainly because most gays told me that even their early childhood was somehow (up to very) different from heterosexual people.

and this leads me to the point where I say I have to hate people picking (or praising) other people because of some predetermined attributes, such as sexism, racism, homophobia, hate towards hindred people and alike.

hey pssst, lil seekret just between you and me. i think you´re now that moron who is tryin to provoke…

:D :D

PEACE!

I’m a heterosexual. I fall in love with girls.
How the hell am I supposed to choose falling in love with men?

Anyone supporting the theory that homosexuality is a life choise please explain this to me because this is to me as impossible as imagining the sound of one hand clapping. :huh:

when i talk to my homies i dont refrain from using the word.

i call them fags , to joke around.

and im sure u do to, or ur friends have. dont FRONT!!!

if ur a homosexual and are offended by it . say so!
ill bite my tounge.
in respect to the homosexuals of renoise.

1. No one has choosen to be gay. No matter if it depends on genes or gor how you were brought up or a combination. You don’t chose any of those.

And why would anyone choose not to like the opposite sex!?

If you still think its a choice I have a very possible explaination…
People who think gay is a choice think so because they are bisexual but chose not to live with someone of their own sex. Therefor they assume that everyone is like them bisexual and have a choice.

As gay people does not get children or very few of them, they should have been extinct if it was not something that takes place out of chance.

1. Its natural to be gay. 5-10% of all the animals are gay. They have tried to put gay bulls together with cows, but they where never intrested in them, but prefered other bulls :) The same goes for horses etc.

And if you think gay or fag is something negative, you should ask yourself what you would happen if your child or your friends child or your friend tell you they are gay…

Using gay/fag/race/sexual gender/or look as a negative word only suggests that you are ignorant, are afraid for people that are not like you, or afraid of people (thinking you are not like them).
Or are just plain stupid and have a lazy brain because you lack the intelligence to come up with an real arguement.

Please take this convo into OT, however interesting it might be. ;) This really isn’t the place for it, and isn’t doing the devs any favours.

Back on topic:

What Parsec said.

I’d also love to mention, or suggest, Renoise could improve on resolution of parameter values, from the current 64 (ie. 00 > 40 in hexadecimal) possible values for each parameter to the MIDI standard of 127 (ie. 00 > 80 in hex, or however you choose to look at it).
As soon as I get a 4 x 4 MIDI interface this next week I’ll be using Renoise’ MIDI capabilities quite intensely, as I have a mostly hardware-based synth setup. Is Renoise capable of good, solid timing, and stuff, when using averagely-complex MIDI sequences? Due to me not having everything hooked up properly as yet, I haven’t yet had chance to properly put it through its paces.

Anyway, to give feedback for the developers, the reason I picked Renoise was:-

• The excellent and controllable (ie. with curves, and symmetry/flip/mirror, etc.) graphic automation envelopes (a truly fantastic feature - and seemingly more fluent and powerful than Cubase’s graphic envelope automation, which I also tried [and hated]!) which can be set up to automate MIDI CCs if desired.
  • I also very much like the instrument envelopes that Renoise has, in parallel with the simple sample-editor. (I use Wavelab for recording external audio and extensive sample editing, and then import the samples into Renoise to sequence, and to use Renoise’ sample envelopes).
  • Also the ability to import and use VST effects, and still retain their VST graphic editors.
  • Ability to export sequenced songs to wavs for further manipulation, or for external mastering.

For me, those features (in addition to the usual tracker features, like the obvious step-sequencing layout/editing, etc.) make Renoise utterly unique, and extremely powerful, and coupling with the attention to detail in programming, such as allowing preset ‘saved points’ all over Renoise’ interface, such as the four presets for each file-type when accessing various files and favourite folders in the directory loader. Just stuff like that makes you warm to the program. It’s friendly but still very powerful at the same time.

Anyhow, that’s just me. Am looking forward to getting stuck into it further. ;)

BTW, trackers are unrivalled for drum-programming. How the 'eck do people have the patience to ‘paint in’ drum hits and samples in Cubase and stuff?!?! I’ll never know. Lol.

Timo ;)

really a great comparison!??? <_< but animals don’t know what gay is … and they don’t realize herself … don’t compare with animals … homosexuality can be more than a natural thing … maybe a natural thing but maybe it has something to do with growing up or whatever … whats up with bisexuality or lesbians … the facets of human being are really big … and tolerance and acceptance and the try to manage all our individuality … AND THE USE OF RENOISE :D … makes us to real human beings …

lol, this convo is all gay!

This thread is not gay… it’s just OT… :rolleyes:

great pic man!!!
lmao!

you wont see me use the word much , but if and when i do, i sure hope that i dont get a million reasons why i shouldnt use the word.

i mean no ill harm when using the word, unless directed at someone in particular on this site.