A Few Suggestions

I love Renoise. However, a couple things need to change until it becomes my flagship sequencer.

I need to be able to dump patches from my hardware into Renoise. It would be great if there was a buffer for every track (a track assigned to ext machines) that would allow me to store a patch (i.e. from my Virus) and then load it to the ext machine when the song loads. This has hindered me from using Renoise in a live situation.
Another problem, again making it difficult for rock solid live performance, is the fact that I cannot consolidate my samples with the song very easily. I would like to be able to quickly consolidate my song into a folder containing all used samples. That way, if my computer fails I can easily load it onto another without dealing with the relinking of files.

A pattern sequencer would be nice but it does not exceed priority over the matters stated above.

If a pattern sequencer is to be implemented in renoise PLEASE allow me to assign midi cc and midi notes to individual steps on the pattern sequencer so I can use my midi keyboard for instance to emulate the running steps on say a tr-909. I still to this day have not found a decent software step sequencer that lets me do this. I want to be able to punch in steps on the fly with my midi keyboard and then assign a control to switch through layers like the old days.

Any thoughts?

Maybe it’s just the way you’ve worded it but I’m a little confused by what you said here. The Renoise song format .RNS / .XRNS (and indeed any tracker module format) is already self-contained (except for VST plugins of course). The samples are already stored within the song file itself, making it very easy to transfer the file to a new computer.

Unless you’re talking about a way to take a Renoise song and automatically extract all of the samples used within it? This is possible with the new .XNRS format introduced in Renoise 1.8, since you can open the .XRNS file with a utility such as WinZip and extra the samples from the song (which is basically an archive).

I did not know that. Thanks!