A New Song

Here is a new song.

It sounds a bit like cybertron.

I’d like some feedback on this if you have the time.

I know the main problem with this song is that it’s too disjointed and doesn’t really have a structure, so i’d appreciate some tips on how to structure songs if anyone has any, but I might make a new topic about that.

Nice old school chords, which are developing throughout the track. But in the middle of the track I expect some additional sounds (e.g. beat) but the chords are going to slip out of control and drift to randomnes with octave pitches.

yeah, I sort’ve realized it was a bit like that, but didn’t really know how to change it.
I liked some of the randomness with octave changes, but didn’t know how to integrate them with the flow of the song.

thanks for your feedback.

I guess you mean cybertron as in an artist, only know it as that metallic planet from the transformers :slight_smile: . With the filtered kicks(?) I was expecting some 4 to the floor bassdrums to penetrate in, didn’t happen…actually there isn’t really a defining beat then some dubby delayed stabs,…

This track needs more elements then what you have now imo to keep things fresh. Adding a beat after a minute or so would already liven things up, where do you want to go with this yourself?

It becomes very busy with sounds that don’t compliment each other melodically or audibly when all it needed was a chunky beat to pump it.

Nice! I like your transitions. Sounds structured to me, but then again… I might like a bit of a mess. ;)

Jonas: Cybotron
I guess my song doesn’t sound a terrific amount like it, but i was getting similar vibes.

Thanks guys, I am chunking up the beat.
I’ll post up the new version in a few days.

The redone version.

I am interested in what people think about this, I added a beat and restructured the song a bit.

I think it’s an improvement.

Its a huge improvement…i enjoy this track alot now…the acid squelching is still a little out of place, and the delayed bass hit that comes in with the beat is in the wrong key, it would be worth just putting it as the right note, just so everything was settled.
Wicked though, really enjoyed the Acid drop out section although some more automation on the cutoff would help add variation…
All in all, sick ones.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

yeah, I know what you mean, I was kinda at a crossroads as to whether the out-of-tuneness was good or bad. But your reply kinda confirms it’s not the best.
I’m gonna try and re-do some bits and maybe post this up a third time.
cheers.