A queston about Renoise prosessor usage

Hi

I have been wondering about something along time and i try to keep it as simple i possible can.

I would like to lower my prosessor usage.
It seem it does not have significantly matter do i change (right click on mouse) number of Prosessors i use.
I have intel i5 4690K Prosessor.

I know my prosessor dont have Hyper-Threading so that might help.
When i play song and i change prosessor to only one it only rise 5% to 35% to 40%

If i change it that renoise uses 2 cores i cant see any difference.

Its weird that i have quite good prosessor and renoise dont work so well.

Anyway…

My following questons are.

-How much soundcard participate creating sound in Renoise?
-Does Renoise really support multicore prosessors or does the prosessor need Hyper-Threadin to renoise really use all 4 cores as should?

-when i play song window10 task manager says renoise use only 3.5% of all the power it has but renoises use 40% on his own prosessor usage ?

-How come these numbers dont go hand to hand ?

Im most aooreciate if someone open a little bit renoise coding architecture.
I would like to get most of it by using Renoise but it seems an invisible curtain is drawed between my windows and Renoise.

Regards Lurde

The subject is complex and has been explained to death, but I’ll try to simplify. (see link at the bottom)

-How much soundcard participate creating sound in Renoise?

A modernsoundcard does not perform any processing of effects, instruments, anything like that and that is where almost all of the processing goes to.

-Does Renoise really support multicore prosessors or does the prosessor need Hyper-Threadin to renoise really use all 4 cores as should?

Multiple cores/threading means that multiple processes can be run at the same time in parallel. Therefore it’s up to the developer of the plugin to decide if it uses multiple cores or not. (can be ticked on an off for a plugin in renoise). To increase parallel processing you need to increase the amount of independently running signals in parallel. 2 independent tracks with 2 different instruments playing on them are run in parallel, but for example, if youuse a send device to send the signal to another track, you will not be running the 2 tracks in parallel, as the result of one track depends on the result of the other track.

-when i play song window10 task manager says renoise use only 3.5% of all the power it has but renoises use 40% on his own prosessor usage ?

https://forum.renoise.com/t/multicore-faq/19732

Post your config.xml though

Main menu>Help>Show preferences folder

Thanks ure answer.
Seems like i have to buy HT prosessor… what comes about other stuff u explained i need to study more about how to build my track so it wont use so much prosessor.

Your CPU is pretty high end enough, I don’t think that you need a new one at all.

I think my problem is VST Reverb called EpicReverb… it consumes alot of cpu. I try to find replacement that could support multicore.
I use some song pretty high reverb so it consumes prosessor power alot.

I think my problem is VST Reverb called EpicReverb… it consumes alot of cpu. I try to find replacement that could support multicore.
I use some song pretty high reverb so it consumes prosessor power alot.

Try to use only a single instance of the reverb VST on a send track. And I’d also suggest you take a look at the built in renoise Convolver.