A Simple Sinewave Generator

Well OK it would be cool I suppose, but there are much higher priority things to do IMO.
This wouldn’t really enable you to do anything new with Renoise, it’d just be a handy shortcut.

Point taken, and I agree, it’s not really urgent, but:

Using formulas to create automation/instrument envelopes certainly would be new…

… but then again modulating envelopes/LFO’s by envelopes would be even cooler: why use sin(x) to create an envelope, you could use an LFO?..

… hey! Imagine an fx device with one parameter. That parameter determines the current current point on the Y axis. Now hook up an LFO to that parameter, and hit “render to sample”…

(and use the formula power to create the custom envelope for that LFO hehe :P :) )

Ultimatively, I think some kind of scripting language to generate/mangle/react to sound would rock super muchly. Add an API to create GUI frontends for those scripts… Renoise 3000!

:w00t:

Indeed, it’s a massive project for the developers, but it would open up a whole world of procedural goodness only previously available to hardcore MAX/MSP nerds.

Some good discussion here:
https://forum.renoise.com/t/renoise-expressions/16185

+1 to adding waveform drawing. I don’t like the idea of adding an internal synthesizer, and i don’t even care about presets. But being able to draw waveforms ++++

uhhh… MilkyTracker anyone?
with VST hosting, MIDI out and synchronized recording, generating simple waveforms seems a little silly. maybe it’s my own personal bias as I don’t do chiptunes and if I did I’d probably do it in something more primitive.

I think waveform drawing would be a lot handier. like when fixing loops, for example.

+1 on the scripting too, but moreso for event/MIDI processing and batch jobs than things like drawing in a sine wave.