A tool to randomise start point within a range?

having used this tool for a while, I’d recommend two changes…

It would work better if we could apply the values to all notes in the selection, with the ability to select your Effect Value.

EG

I want S Command between ranges of 00-50 for all notes in this sequence.

is this possible?

Of course! I have been implementing this capability within the PRE tool.

It is only necessary to check if there is a note in the same line to change the effect, but not to do anything. The cursor must be in the effect column, where the effect and reference quantity are.

Okay, if thats possible it will improve it.

If we can select notes, then apply a specific command within a range without having to write blank fx commands for all nots, that would be ideal!

Yes, that’s how it works. It is only necessary to set the initial value (line 0) and the final value, (line 511, for example), if you have selected all the pattern of 512 lines. The remains of effect rows may be empty. They would be filled if there are notes in each line.

1 Like

Here is an example:
z
The initial amount is the one entered by the sliding bar (B4 or 89). The final amount, in this case, is 0 or 0, taken from the last line of the pattern of the selected sub-column.

For each effect to be randomized, it will only be necessary to enter the type of effect and only 2 quantities, the initial (selection of the cursor) and the final (the last line of the pattern).

1 Like

MATE!! thats amazing, you’ll be rewarded in the new years honours by HM Queen Elizabeth for this

:sweat_smile: I live in Spain, so I do not know if the supreme power of that old woman will reach this territory.

These capabilities will be available in the next version of my PRE tool that includes this panel with many more options, better than in a drop-down menu.

Well I can tell you her supreme powers are weakening…but she has agreed to put you in her new years honours list for services to Renoise

Amazing work ma, please give me a shout if you want anyone to test it

Raul would like 10€ for the full non crippled version of ‘PRE’…and the British territory Gibraltar :slight_smile:

Something bothers you @4Tey?

Thank you @midierror! In the next version of the PRE you can try the demo version, this module to manipulate effects parameters. So you can know if it fits what you need. If it is something concrete, it can be integrated in the pull-down menu of this tool.

Not at all. Wait…that’s not strictly true. I admit lots of things bothers me, but little to do with this forum or Gibraltar Raul :slight_smile:

:grinning: I thought you had some shady affair with Gibraltar…

Not at all. Wait…maybe that’s not strictly true…if I had a silly imagination…

The scene: Standing at the checkpoint border. Raul on the Spanish side, 4tey on the British side…

Raul:  Are you going to let me in?
4tey:  I tell you what Raul, [4tey looks around..shadily] for a small fee, 
which we can negotiate,  I'll let you sidestep these lengthy queues and travel once 
around and climb that large rock.  Do a bit of sightseeing. If the wrong
people know that you are setting foot on Gibraltar soil it'll be like the
Falkland Islands war on acid!**

** Okay most of that I've just said there, that's not so true. But for drama you 
understand.

Raul:  So what's the fee?  A euro?
4tey:  Ha!  1 euro?  I'm barely lifting this barrier [4tey puts on a pathetic show 
of trying to lift the border barrier.]
Raul:  I've got 10 euros, final offer.
4tey:  Well...okay.  But make it quick, and don't look so...Spanish.
Raul:  What's that supposed to mean?
4tey:  Just hurry will you.
Raul:  Which way to go?
4tey:  Just head towards that very large boulder, you can't miss it. 
If you climb to the top, you may see Morocco.

Thank goodness I don’t have a silly imagination Raul :slight_smile:

Have you written all that? You have to watch less television.

1 Like