Ad Attack!

I agree… I personally love the constant updates… it’s a LOT better than using the vapourware model. And I’m pretty sure, looking at the recent activity, that the version numbers are going to continue climbing faster ;)

FTR, I also love the constant updates. :) It’s really awesome of them.

zomg: It’s because you use some kind of ad-blocker, I had the same experience.

Derailing, choo choo!

I don’t have a Linux box, but word on the web is that a svn checkout and compile gives very competitive results for Renoise on said platform.

http://trac.zeitherrschaft.org/aldrin/

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd7fEKNAKzw
Looks like a Linux clone of Buzz to me… and the example on youtube isn’t very awe inspiring :P

Great name though… Buzz Aldrin ;)

Yeah, it is the clone of buzz. Even if it was as good as Renoise, it’s still a clone of Buzz, and I don’t find buzz very comfortable to use.

Only truly proffesional and actively developed project in linux world is Ardour. But this one rather compliments Renoise rather than competes with it.

@Taktik

If you don’t like the donation model then do the subscription model.

Everyone who pays $10 a month gets a PREMIUM USER icon next to their forum name, maybe some static “About me” page somewhere on renoise.com/~username/ that links to their real homepage.

No favoritism can be implied, and a couple of hundred “Premium Users” per month pays the rent.

TODO: Replace PREMIUM with better word.

PS: I’m too cheap to subscribe. I’ll buy a license when necessary and a T-shirt / mousepad every 3 years. Just putting it out there.

Touching reply Taktik. Point taken.

Conner I agree with your posts. Also, what would the possibilities be in striking some sort of commercial arrangement with some of the more honorable VST companies?

How about file hosting for premium users’ mp3/ogg songs on their personal page too… that way people can post songs on other sites easily :P

Perhaps the premium users could also have their songs on a Renoise online radio station? :walkman:

Filehosting for $10 is fine idea. Radio. I don’t know. Definitely not for money.

Radio hosting costs $$$$ … but I think it would be a cool idea for the community in general :)

Yes, but getting songs in the radio for paying is not a good idea. This is basically bribing again. If there is a radio the music should be selected by the quality not by who pays the most. :)

+1

+1 PREMIUM USER has access to the RENOISE_NO_ADS theme.

Subscriptions are sold in 3 month blocks, you get two months free if you subscribe for a year.

MORE FANWAREZ :D

I don’t know how much work that involves… don’t know how much
profit is made from selling tshirts… but expanding the Renoise Product
Line could generate an extra cash flow…? Although, €5 for a 5 cm sticker
seems a bit much…

And how many people have actually ever bought a Renoise thong…? ;)
NAMES, I WANT NAMES!

EDIT: to complete my statement, I just ordered a sweater, a tshirt and a sticker

if dats good for rns devs and rns itself (spreading the word about rns around the world) and if its good for devs financial status - its ok for me.

I think the implementation is neat, so go for it! Anything to keep development alive…
I will probably start clicking them once in a while…

But I think you should have both, ads and donations…

Also to encourage donations, have a list like wikipedia on how many have donated…

+1

I see you guys are advertising Native Instruments tools now too? :P