add more "exotic" filters

I think steve did a great job on the filters for xfer serum and lfotool. There are some special ones like reverb or even common ones like allpass, which i’m missing in renoise. You can be very creative with these kind of filters and would add more sound design possibilities for renoise/redux instruments. What do you think?

I really like this idea, and I’m all for pushing forward the native DSP capabilities of Renoise, or opening up primitives for users to implement their own DSP solutions. This lower-level approach along with audio rate modulation are the highest on my personal feature request list. I think bulking up the filter list and/or adding more automatable filter slots is a great start. An all pass and a delay tap would be super useful additions to the filter list. This might be a stretch, and I really don’t want to hijack this thread, but I think a formula device equivalent for filter design could be extremely powerful.

I think an all pass is already possible, but hidden on default.

More info here; https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-tool-3-0-insert-hidden-legacy-renoise-dsp-effect/43441

Needs more cowbell.

Now a cowbell filter, that would indeed be exotic :badteeth:

I think steve did a great job on the filters for xfer serum and lfotool. There are some special ones like reverb or even common ones like allpass, which i’m missing in renoise. You can be very creative with these kind of filters and would add more sound design possibilities for renoise/redux instruments. What do you think?

Steve duda didn’t do shit .

The filters were coded by andrew simper ( cytomic )

cowbell filter -> load a cowbell sample into the convolver, then please lower the gain before running audio through it, and be surprised. it will make anything resonate in badass ways by the spectrum of the cowbell sample.

allpass filter in renoise seems to be some broken relict, it kind of worked in 3.0 but seems to crash 3.1

if you really want to mess with an allpass for free, protoplug has a “classic filter” module, which can give a pure biquad allpass in “ap” mode. this is coded carelessly though, so no juicy fun automating it, no phase shift graph etc.

…and now I demand a cowboy lifter to be implemented into renoise by steve simper…huehuehue…

Steve duda didn’t do shit .
The filters were coded by andrew simper ( cytomic )

Atleast he have added alot filters for sound design, where on renoise side will still have basic ones…
Anyway, we need more :slight_smile:

Needs more cowbell.

Now a cowbell filter, that would indeed be exotic :badteeth:

I, for one, am severely disappointed by the lack of coffee filters in Renoise.

^^ Hell yeah!
A coffee filter that makes a cowbell sound when it’s ready to serve!