Alchemy In Renoise

hi, very new to renoise and the forum.

very excited just got alchemy, could download it fine and all, but opening it within renoise is very difficult for me, any suggestions would be super helpful.

thanks for the time,

-keith

Hello Keith and welcome to the Renoise Crowd!

It would be super helpful if you could supply some further information. Especially on the part where opening Alchemy in Renoise because very difficult for you.
With the amount of info given, i can only attest that opening Alchemy in Renoise is actually very easy for me.

well you are much better with computer music then me for sure, because I cannot figure it out at all! I will write as much as i can, as per your request, but please feel free to ignore anything you find stupid or boring:

for me, all i figured out is to go through renoise/preferences/plugins, and I have rescanned and scanned and so forth, but it never registers in the bottom left of the screen where all the on board effects are.

I wouldn’t bother anyone with this but have just learned that on top of the 250USD i spent to get alchemy I need to spend 79quid (so like…well over 100 USD for sure) to get a VST wrapper so it will display as an audio unit in the instrument plug-in bar of logic 9. To me that doesn’t seem fair considering how much I spent on Logic to start with and how much alchemy was itself.

Plus, while I prefer the sequencer in reason and logic (never used a tracker one before) I use renoise for samples which I add effects to and then burn into wavs quite a lot and am impressed by everything the program can do, it’s my first tracker, I have never produced like this before and kind of wish I started sooner as it would have saved me a ton of money. I only make music for myself I have no sales or anything, drum and bass mostly, hopefully breakcore one day if i ever get the vsts i need. Anyways, I feel as though there is a way of doing it in renoise that I am just too stupid to decipher without help. I know reason is a router program but I prefer to use it as much as possible for it’s sequencer and virtual rack, unfortunately, reason doesn’t accept vsts.

That’s pretty much all I can think of, I hope I wasn’t too boring and thank you for being so nice

best,

keith

Thank you very much for being so cool considering how stupid the question is, please feel free to ignore/comment/what have you, and enjoy the rest of your day!

best,

keith

one last thing, I find renoise to rock, i like the fact that I work with a program made by nice people who don’t overcharge and use it more and more as I continue to produce, but, as it is my first ever tracker program, I’m a bit stupid with it, I didn’t mean renoise is hard, but rather, it’s hard for me. okay, cool.

Thank you very much for being so cool considering how stupid the question is, please feel free to ignore/comment/what have you, and enjoy the rest of your day!

It will register in your plug in drop down… Not your effect list on the far bottom left. You will need to look into where your other VST’s are. then once loaded click “ext editor”

_o0m.

thanks tons, this worked really well.

best,

-k

You dont need vstis for breakcore.

As much as I’m aware this isn’t a Logic forum, what you’ve said there is totally incorrect. When you buy Alchemy the installer includes VST and AU format - it’s the same installer for both. You can choose which format to install. Come to think of it, the latest update has also added an RTAS version.

Just wanted to mention that.

cool, thanks for the advice.

best,

-k

doesn’t show up under audio units in logic but prefer using it in renoise, maybe i would need to reinstall as an AU, will try.

best,

-k

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh… I’m just going to go ahead and be unhelpful, 'cause I’m not familiar with Alchemy. I’m good at Reaktor 5 though. You might want to try it, it’s the best synth/effects maker I’ve ever seen.

Looks like I might have been helpful after all. ;)

very helpful actually. hear nothing bad ever about NI products, had battery 3 but gave it to a my upstairs neighbor in my old building, this russian dude, because whenever his kid came over the kid would beat the fuck out of the floor, a born drummer, had to pass it on for purposes of talent development.

i think reaktor is currently 3 hundred USD and change which isn’t unfair or anything but just makes it have to be on my wish list for a while. but i’m sure it rocks, glad you enjoy it!