Analogue Synth Soundsets

Hello all,

I’m a new Renoise user, moving over from trying a couple of other DAWs and I’m happy to say that for a fair majority of tasks I have to perform in making a track, the program handles it beautifully. I’m making the most of the included sample content, as best I can, not having any hardware handy at the moment. It’d be great, however, if I had access to more synth sounds - or rather, synth sounds that immediately recall some of the music I’m trying to make (Detroit and Minimal/Dark Synthpop inspired stuff, at least in terms of my sound palette).

I can see a thread for free sample sets, but quite liking the Puremagnetik samples, I’m thinking of buying their PolySix soundset over the weekend - being reasonably appointed in price, formatted and in the ballpark of the sounds I like. Can anyone recommend any other analogue (or “vintage digital”) oriented commercial soundsets? If I acquire a polysynth soundset, perhaps something contrasting like a Pro One, in ready-to-go Renoise format would be nice.

TL;DR :) - what commercial analogue/vintage digital soundsets do Renoise users recommend?

Thanks,

J.

Zero-G Nostalgia is fantastic. I was able to convert all of these sounds into XRNI format using Extreme Sample Converter. This covers A LOT of ground, and Hollow Sun really knows what they are doing. The samples are fantastic and the multi-programs they have built in various formats for you as part of the library are very well done. I’ve been able to take Zero-G Nostalgia with me whatever DAW. In Ableton I imported the NKI programs (they are not locked in the full library to use lame Kontakt player), in FLStudio and StudioOne I converted them to SF2, and in Renoise I converted the SF2’s to XRNI with great success.

Check out this page for more info. I can’t vouch for these enough as raw material and for customization with DSP chains, tweaking the instruments, etc. I have built several Ableton Racks that make them shine, and I’m in the process now of doing the same with the XRNI, but the XRNI is much easier to build. I only wish Renoise had some way to bundle an Instrument AND it’s DSP Chain as one unit like Ableton does with Racks and groups.

http://www.hollowsun.com/vintage/nostalgia.html

Just what you are after.

http://protman.com/content/24bit-96khz-moog-little-phatty-multisampled-bass-instrument-renoise

24bit 96kHz Moog Little Phatty multisampled bass instrument for Renoise

:]

Thank you, both :)