Are Trackers 'geeky'?

in response to artmandg and kaneel : I know that I need a woman who does things on her own and I mean art or music or anything. I need someone I can look up to for what they do and that inspires me intellectually, someone who knows what happens to you when you get an “idea”, someone I can be proud of. I don’t want a woman not having a dream/desire/goal in her life, and I don’t mean “getting loads of money” or “looking pretty”. they are really hard to find though … Infact I am getting quite easily bored by women lately.

Judging from your blatant over-generalizations regarding gender, I’ll assume you don’t do very well with the ladies. :rolleyes:

In a very blatant and generalized way, NO. I am too married to my ways for better or worse.

I realize I am generalizing and that usually leads to a certain level of denial and blindness. But judging by what I and so many men really do go through I think it’s a pretty valid generalization. I’ve been with a pretty progressive woman, who has a healthy appetite for the arts and is a open thinker, very intelligent, very beautiful both physically and internally, etc. etc. It was a 5 year relationship that ended in a emotional stew somewhere between love and hatred. But I’m also aware of the truth in that many relationships are a lot like this.

I’m also aware that a great many women believe they can reform their men. Some of it is probably a good thing, however a great deal of it is often tragic. It is the exception that are so few in this world that will love a man for everything he is AND everything he isn’t in a consistent way. I feel many women are vein and when the nest is out of her order she’s quick to toss you out of it and quick to move on. Woman have their cry, and then there off to where the grass is greener.

Which is a shame, because I really feel women are beautiful creatures, sometimes to the point of tears. But for me right now, I keep my distance, which I personally feel is a positive thing because it allows me to learn more about what love really means internally before I profess it through others.

Each to their own.

I showed this thread to a grrl and she LOLd.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_unit_box_system

this is the renoise community:

“are trackers geeky?”
“only if girls think so.”

wtf happened to: “ITS NOT THE TOOL YOU USE BUT WHAT YOU DO WITH IT”

I’m moving in with my girlfriend next month!!

Anything that incorporates coding in any form is geeky. Because it requires a lot of time on your own in front of a screen to comprehend, which in place describes antisocial behaviour. Also referred to as “studying”. And books have been geeky since forever. So there.

foo : spoilsport ! (says leo) that is like bringing a girl to the “boys-out-in-town”-night. :D

botb : all the best to you.

my mother once said, she just sees skyscrapers in that program ^^

I can’t wait to put our relationship in jeopardy because of vertical sequencing! But now that I think about it… my relationship with her started at the time I was learning my ways with FT2…

Sex or hex remains an easy choice.

“sex or hex”, lol… instant classic.

I like doing things with my tool! :w00t:

interesting side-discussion about girls…

Personally I’ve been on lots of ends of the scale at different times in my life, from man-whore to involentary celebate, to fairly serious relationship territory, and these days playing for a kind of neutral common ground in communication between me and the fairer sex, which is essentially building on trust. I think this is where that “true love” stuff really lies, and is worth the time investment, even though it often seems like another name for volentary celebacy. I don’t mean I’m spending alot of time on one girl… I’m spending all my time trying to be as much of a gentleman to ALL girls I encounter, and try and grow as a result, without trying any moves in the mean time. See what seeds spring up naturally…

:lol:

^_^

If tracking is geeky then I consider myself a master level geek …being proud of it… and totally loving it =)=)=)