Assigning Tracks In Wav-writer

Maybe it would take time, maybe it would not. That’s for the programmers to answer ;)

For a first step i’d be well enough happy with some sort of rendering interface that you talk of. Just grouping together different tracks into one WAV and i’d be happy as hell. Muting and unmuting all the time is hell if you ask me. The groupings should also be saved with the .RNS file so that you wouldn’t have to redo it everytime.

In an extension though, i’d like to see that the whole program gets a more “modular” (i don’t know if this is the right word for it) approach. This would mean that everyone using the program wouldn’t be forced to think the way the programmers did, i.e. as it is now you can only ouput tracks to wav and not instruments and tracks or whatever. I realize that this would probably take time and all that, but I also realize that this is the ideas & suggestions forum and for that reason I’ve left my ideas here. :)

If they add mute/solo to instruments, and I think it should be controlled from the instruments list. By right clicking for example on the instruments and selecting it. This would then show by the instruments being greyd out.

You could than have a small option in the render dialog that would say. Render muted instruments/do not render muted instruments.

That way you would not have to make a complicated interface in the render dialog to select which instruments to render, and you would also get the function to mute/solo instruments in the song.

Im not saying that the selection of what instruments/tracks to render must be in the render to wav dialog, but rather that your should have this chance to do so. If you still ike to mute unmute tracks you could do this, although i find it incredibly sluggish.

All i’m saying is that there should be some kind of an option to “tag” (or in what ever way the best way to do it is) tracks AND/OR instruments to particular WAV files. That way you’d just have to set this up once, and then when youre ready to render the .WAV files you’d just press the render button and then you’d get an option (something like it works today) to either render one WAV file from the “master-out”, or render the multi-WAV out (from your predefined selection you made once) and so on.
The pro’s of doing it this way is that you don’t have to remember wich tracks/instruments/sends/whatever went into what file. See it as a batch-conversion or something like that :)