Automate Across Multiple Patterns

Maybe you can do this already, if you can it’s not very obvious how you’d go about it.

A simple example - Automate the volume slider from 0% to 100% over 4 patterns. At the moment I’m setting pattern 1’s automation from 0% to 25%, pattern 2’s automation from 25% to 50% etc etc. But imagine doing this over say 16 patterns, not only is it a lot more work but there’s some serious Math envolved!

The only quick solution I can see is to combine the patterns into one big pattern…

It would be nice to highlight the patterns, then highlight the parameter you wish to automate across those patterns, hit a ‘button’ and the magic takes place. It would look at the start point of the first patterns automation and the end point of the last patterns automation and fill in the rest.

Maybe you can do this already, if you can it’s not very obvious how you’d go about it.

+1

I would really like to automate certain parameters over more than 1 pattern.

I wrote a suggestion about this before and was told that one solution was to use energyXT but I want the function within Renoise itself.

And it is a good solution for now if you really need not to have a splitted automation. At least you’ll be sure that you’d have no interference elsewhere in the sequence.

Mmmm, the arranger paradigm could certainly help here.
Arrange your superhuge envelope over four standard pattern lengths.

You know, I thought this thread was originally about using a single envelope to control multiple DSPs (over multiple tracks) until I read the title properly.

Arranger / clipbin would certainly handle both with finesse.