Automate Instruments?

I hope this isn’t a dumb question. I’ve gotten the DSP chain automation down pretty well. Can you automate VSTi parameters? If so, how is this done?

Steve

On exactly the same way :)

Sorry, I’m confused. Tracks are setup according to DSP chain. The automation parameters show up as checkboxes under the DSP chain. So where, then, do the instrument parameters show up? (Of course, the possibility exists that I’m completely blind).

Sorry to be such a PITA, but I have no idea what this means. I searched the tutorials and such and can’t find any info. Can you explain how to do this?

hey smueske!

You can offcource manipulate your VST Instrument trought the VST menu itselft, but if you are interested in automating VSTi parameters it during the track - here is what you have to do:

1. Load up your VST synth
2. when you do that go to the effect panel where all the effects are located : filter2, EQ 10 , flanger etc…
3. Load up an ‘effect’ called “MidiCCdevice” - it is located in Meta device section. Its right near the LFO Device.
4. When you do that you have to chose what VSTi you want to manipulate. So if you loaded your VSTi as a # 00 Instrument - you would chose it on the MidiCCdevice section called ‘Linked VSTi’.

Then you will see all kinds of tweakable sections for example - your synth attack, decay, sustan, release etc…

You can also expand the MidiCCdevice if your VSTi seems to have many parameters to automate.

I hope this helped you,

pfke

Thank you very very much! I will print this off and try it tonight.

Steve

You guys are awesome! Thank so much!

Steve