Bad Ideas Thread

“snare warbler” effect
function that replaces all the samples in a song with james brown grunts and lil jon “YEAH” “WHAT” “OKAY” clips
webkit integration for built-in renoise board browsing

this

inverse CPU-fan-speed to BPM.

It was an accident!

physical modeling synthesizer that creates physical models of pure sine waves the way nature intended…

A script that converts our Lua Tools into obfuscated Perl, to be used with the Songsmith API.

A function that clears everything you did in the past 30 minutes without saving.

I would actually love this, perl is my only language… :(

1. An option to have individual notes and pattern commands in their own windows, randomised to different parts of the screen; thus escaping our collective cloistered views on the organisation of sounds into artistic compositions, maaaaannnn!

2. One of those friendly little help cartoons (like the paperclip from old microsoft words) in the form of a new rave ponce looking on in unhelpful awe at how “like, smart you are to be into all that maths an’ stuff. Weeeooooowww that looks complicated meeeaaan!” or saying things like " Awesome beat man!" when you turn on the metronome.

Add hearing impaired subs.

Track 1: “Bassdrum every 0.7 sec.”
Track 2: “Violins playing the following notes: A#, F, E.”
and so on…

FoZ, that’s very … on-topic

My bad. Won’t happen again. ;)

I want wallpaper for the background. I want to have a pic of a gundum while making music.

Like this? ^_^

substitute LUA with BrainFuck as Renoise scripting language

Scary how some bad suggestions turn into reality…
http://tools.renoise.com/tools/nibbles

Rewind ◂◂ and eject ⏏ song buttons.

Realplayer emulation! So we can get all that crunchy, old skool goodness in our samples we used to be able to get from audio back in the day. Hopefully, with long pauses of silence and random windows crashes too. That would be awesome!

Get rid of all those pesky hex commands in patterns. Keep the same numbers (so we don’t have to relearn them), but use binary instead.

A command to convert any sound into a dubstep wobble based on the original sample’s waveform characteristics, and posts the result to youtube

Output songs to punch cards

A resample button for the dubstep wobble maker

automatic youtube posting alone = worst idea ever +1

You can come close to this sound using the Reverb and set the dry mix of the Init preset to -INF dB, add some distortion for the crunch. :)