Bad performance without compositing - Linux

Hey there. Sorry that all this wouldn’t help. I googled the gfx chipset, but only found another open report for your graphics chipset in the mesa project complaining about performance, and there was no fix or whatsoever to be seen in that bug report. Maybe it is just odd luck for that chipset/mobo combination, I also had PCs in the past that never really worked well with linux, or that had bugs that never got ficed or even got worse - it is always the products that are in little use. If you can get your hands on one to test it and have place in chassis, maybe using a pcie gfx card could solve the problem, if the graphics chipset on your cpu is the culprit.

1 Like

I thought this sluggishness depends on the CPU load, but obviously not. I have a project that uses a lot of CPU, but the GUI is smooth. Still investigating…

Can someone please run this project and check if changing the analyzer window is sluggish?

It is the project, but I don’t find the problem. There is even no VST used.

On the AMD it is smooth. Strange.

You use three VST plugins I don’t have

plugs

It might be a plugin, try remove one bye one and see if anything changes… Since I have an issue with a plugin where it’s not removed from memory I recommend to test by removing one plugin, save the file and close Renoise and then open the file, continue removing the VSTs until it’s not sluggish, hopefully you’ll find the culprit.

1 Like

I tried that, but it was not reproducable. Most likely because it is kept in the memory. This also maybe explains why it is working on the laptop where no plugins are installed.

While a new project is smooth even with some DIVA instances it’s getting more sluggish with the number of just tracks or group tracks. Even without instruments, etc.

The more tracks the more sluggish it feels resizing the analyzer window. This is independent also on the CPU load.

@taktik : Does this make any sense?