Block Rendering

I think it would be great if you added the ability to render a block as a WAV file. Say you select a block, go to the Render menu, and then there’s a selection to render the block, the track, the pattern or the whole song. This would be terribly useful for me because I do all of my live performances with Abelton Live, which means I have to cut all of my songs into loops to perform them.

An alternative would be to have a *WavWriter device, which I guess could achieve basically the same functionality.

It would be nice if the WavWriter could work like Buzz’s, where you just give it effect 1 to turn it on and effect 2 to turn it off and then effect 3 lets you pick which spot in the WAV table to write it to. This might actually be more useful, too, because it allows a track to be some what self-modulating. You can have a drum pattern played to a sample and then use play that sample backwards to add a neat effect, for example. (I did this in Buzz for one song)

The other thing this would allow is the ability to “bounce down” a VSTi to a sample. I find myself writing little melodies with a VSTi and then wishing I just had a sample of it so I didn’t have to waste the CPU- same goes for reverbs.

vsti’s are track dependent - it’s not so simple done with bounce i think - its simply your wish for render a single track or block … hm …

another idea for VSTi to Sample conversion: Renoise plays any note of a VSTi internal and assign it as sample to every key! but this is a complex function for the softsampler feature … maybe in the future … Renoise can load SoundFonts or other softsampler-files (gig’s, nki’s, akai) …

your suggestion is interessting … but u can do all things (except block-rendering) with the present render-feature … use only one pattern, mute unused tracks, or render each track in it’s own file …

i suggested block rendering ages ago, and still waiting for the feature and hot keys…