BPM is different in every new (empty) song

Hi there,

everytime i launch Renoise and a new empty project opens, the BPM Value is different.
Example: first launch: 120 bpm, I close renoise. 2nd launch: 145 bpm, I close renoise. 3rd lauch 115 bpm, I close renoise. 4th launch 140 and so on.
I do not use a template at the moment
Is this a funny feature which i activated by accident?

Cheers
Bender4reel

1 Like

Wow, that’s interesting. I’ve never seen this (I’m on 3.2.1) and I’m tempted to wish I did, to push to use unexpected BPMs on new songs. : )

But it seems like a bug.

Deliberately coded that way. You didn’t activate it by accident.

AFAIK Renoise has always randomized a BPM tempo on a new song (you’d have to ask taktik what the random range is (I get the feeling it’s randomly selecting fixed values (wholly divisible by 5) between 80-155 bpm, i.e. 80,85,90,95,100,105…145,150,155)) You can save a song template to ‘fix’ the BPM value.

1 Like

Thanks for replying James!
That was my initial thought too. No problem with that behavior since I change the bpm to my liking anyway. I was just wondering if its something I can vontrol.
Thanks again :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi 4tey! Thanks for helping me out!
Are you serious? Is this the normal behavior? I’ve never experienced that before and some other dudes didnt either.
I can live with it. I will configure myself a template soon, so that wont matter anymore.
Best
B4R

Yes. It was meant as a little inspiration aid to avoid that people keep making songs at 120 BPM (the default in many hosts) all the time.

7 Likes

Hi taktik,
Thanks for your reply!

Thanks to all of you guys, you helped me out lightning fast.
I appreciate you all!
Best
B4R

AH! That explains my not seeing this.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.