[fixed 3.2.2] Sliced Sample - Effect Command Issues

Bug 1 - Rx Should Retrigger From Current Playback Position

1. Unsliced sample: Rx retriggers from the current playback position. :white_check_mark:
  2. Original sample is played by note: Rx resets playback to the sample’s start. :x:
  3. Original sample is played from marker by Sxx: Rx resets playback to the sample’s start. :x:
  4. Slice is played by note: Rx retriggers from the current playback position. :white_check_mark:

Bug 2 - Phrase Should Play Backwards From Line xx (in a sliced instrument)

1. Phrase is played by note connected with original sample: The phrase is triggered on line 16 by the Sxx command. :white_check_mark:
  2. Phrase is played by note connected with original sample: The phrase is expected to be triggered on line 16 and playing backwards. The phrase is instead triggered backwards from the start. :x:
  3. Phrase is played by note connected with slice: The phrase is triggered on line 16 and plays backwards. :white_check_mark:
  4. Phrase is played by note unconnected with original sample or slice: The phrase is triggered on line 16 and plays backwards. :white_check_mark:

I’ve tested all of the possible factors that I could think of and the only thing that causes a problem in these two bug situations is the use of a note that’s connected to the original sample. The results are the same if you use the ‘Keyzones>Drumkit>First Octave for Transposing’ option; any note from that octave will produce the same bugs.

3 Likes

Thanks for the detailed report. Do you still got the instrument or song for “Phrase Should Play Backwards From Line xx”? I can not easily replicate this here.

1 Like

Sure, right here: B0-Sxx.xrns (855.7 KB)

1 Like