Buying software, what makes it worth it?

Hi, then you have luck and your ilok plugins are not that heavily protected. But for example falcon 3, they added mentioned protection layer in v2.8.6 or do, and it already is a huge, resource taking plugin. I now have strange things happening that it can go out of sync while moving a knob. Such problems can happen because of the protection, but the support then tells me they can’t reproduce it… so such idiotic protection heavily reduces performance and also can add various bugs and problems which are sifficult to debug…. Since imagine that, the developers of course will use an unprotected debug build for testing! So they simply can’t reproduce it.

I hope the renoise team will give him more tools for a more monolithic integration of tools. Very talented instruments.

2 Likes

Turns out that you can’t sell uaudio licenses, ilok transfer not allowed :joy: Should be half the prices then…

IMO there is a usability issue with the stock eq… that would be a reason to buy one or at least use TDR nova as a free alternative

Non-transferable licences is problem that needs to be fixed still. Also when it comes to an inheritance. I guess our digital world/economy isn’t old enough yet to cause enough problems for law makers to step in. Though maybe they don’t have to with everything going to subscription model.

TDR is great stuff indeed. I’m curious, what is your usability issue with the stock eq?

2 Likes