Can A Sample Be Forced To Play Out?

I have a buncha drum wav file samples and when I record in real time with them, if I don’t hold down the note on my keyboard for the full duration of the wav sample, it cuts out. So i have a buncha half kicks and half snares. Anyway to force the sample wavs to finish playing? Or I guess in other words, anyway to stop the OFF from being entered into the pattern?

Thanks.

If by “keyboard” you mean a MIDI keyboard, you can try disabling the “record noteoffs” feature.

You can find it in Configs > MIDI

Alternatively, you could give each sample a volume envelope with sustain and a fadeout, which would cause the samples to fade out smoothly when you release the key, rather than being cut off instantly.

by keyboard i just mean my computer keyboard although I do have a midi keyboard, it can’t make calls to samples can it? So there’s no way to have the wav files finish playing out then? Even after I let go of my key?

Go to the instrument envelopes, tag the volume envelop checkbox and then pick the most left node with your mouse. Hold your left shift button and drag this node all to the right (erasing the existing nodes on the path). Drag it all the way up so you see a straight line on top of it.

Set the fadeout value to something like 10, set the NNA to “continue”
That should be it.
The noteoffs will now be ignored and your samples will be continued until fully played.

“by keyboard i just mean my computer keyboard although I do have a midi keyboard, it can’t make calls to samples can it?”

Sure it can! You can use your midikeyboard to play samples or vsti and Record with Renoise.