Can Anybody Give Me Renoise 1.25?

ok, i can try to make test song. For example with FM7, Pro-53, Wave Arts Masterverb, Voxengo Elephant and Blue Tubes Stereo Imager, and some renoise dsp’s. All you have this plugins?

I don’t have that:

3x JunoX2 (with 2x oversampling)
2x Battery
1x Oddity
1x Exciton

That is true. So to do this correct we should really see how many VSTs we can play at maximum in each version. That would give a better result of usability than just looking at the CPU meter.

Don’t sure that i understand you right. I can make this test tune without Blue Tubes if you don’t have it. And i make one little mistake in previous post i use Voxengo Elephant 2.

“Also note that Renoise 1.5RC1 has mNeedsStaticProcessingBuffer set to 1 for a lot of plugins and who knows what it might do to the CPU load. But this can be changed in the CachedVsts.xml file in the Application Data folder.”

I don’t know what do this parameter, but i try to change it and it make strange changes in sound of some my already created RNS which i check. I think i will not to change it. After that some tunes can be played not right.

I wait for your reply. And after that make test tune with one pattern and put it to ftp of my site. And write link to it in this forum theme. And write my results for three versions of renoise 1.25, 1.281 and 1.5 RC1.

P.S. Voxengo Elephant 2 can be changed to iZotope Ozone 3.

If you can’t chek this tune on your system i do not make it. There is no sence.

At least before the frame rate setting was introduced, the UI took up as much resources as available. So looking at the task manager does not really give a fair value either, since it usually takes up ~95% and what varies is in fact the frame rate.

Eternalengine:

Make a test track, and I’ll try it out.

Dude you talk funny :P

:) I do not be logged in previous post. But it is my post.
And i send wrong link to test file true is:
http://eternalengine.madtracker.net/temp/test.rar

There are problems with demo plugins:they are usually limited, not only in being able to save current settings but also in the maximum amount of available parameters, or instances of a plugin that can be opened by the same host.

Debugging songs with demo plugs is pretty much undoable unless they only limit saving of adjusted parameters and are fully functional in the rest of it.

“Debugging songs with demo plugs is pretty much undoable unless they only limit saving of adjusted parameters and are fully functional in the rest of it.”

But why very old and have many bugs version have big advantage of cpu and memory load in all events?

Well, i can’t even play that test song correctly :) My system is celeron 2,2 GHz, 768 MB RAM (333 MHz), SB Audigy 2 and it chokes when i play it.
(I used Renoise 1,5 RC1)

So you should be lucky your CPU load is 61-62 % :)

And i think it’s time to upgrade my system soon ;)

Ok, I’ll try the song tomorrow. I seem to have some problem with my soundcard at the moment…

with RC1 i get some steady 41-43% on a 3,7Ghz P4, 494mhz DDR RAM using EMU-ASIO with 9ms @44.1khz.

will report back when i’ve found my old backups of renoise 1.2x.

EternalEngine: I gave you a :huh: because I thought it was weird to ask other users to mail a registered version to you when there is no way for anybody but the devs to know if you ARE registered. No offense of course, the whole post just struck me as… Odd!! I mean, I’d love to help you out, but sending even outdated versions of my regged renoise is like a taboo for me. :P

Have you TRIED contacting the devs backstage? You said you did here on the forums, but if you send a message via support in the backstage-area they SHOULD reply to your request.

Anyway, hope they respond to your request and that you get the test results you are after.

Ok, I have done this test now. I couldn’t find 1.25 so I tested with 1.26 instead. My guess is that it shouldn’t be a big difference between those versions…

1.26 60%
1.281 87%
1.5RC1 89%

As said before, the CPU meter has changed, so these values say nothing!! So don’t compare the CPU value, but how many VSTi’s you can play simultaneously.

All 3 versions stutter, but I can almost play the song. 1.26 is a tiny bit better. But 1.26 locks up my keyboard and graphics totally, whereas 1.5 is very responsive. Btw, when the song isn’t playing 1.5 is much faster to work with.

Johan, what’s your system specs? just curious…

P4 2.6GHz, 1Gb RAM, ASIO card @ 43ms, crappy GeForce2 (which slows down Renoise UI quite a lot).

This is my post.

Not really.
I`ve asked you what exactly is slower in Renoise 1.5, because I think we should fix this (if possible) instead of giving you the old version.