Can Anyone Please Point Me Towards Any Beatslicing Tutorial Documentat

Hi i’m a total newbie! I’m not being lazy I’ve spent a 30mins looking for any info on beat slicing, I’m probabaly looking in all the wrong places but can anyone please point me towards any beatslicing tutorial documentation, there is a beat slicing song supplied with renoise but I can’t find the documentation. if you could help me out if would be totally appreciated as I can’t figure out how to do it so far? please help.
;)

Actually there isn’t mucht to say, just load a drumloop and use the 09xx command next to a note to specify the playing position in the loop. When you’ve opened the sample editor you can click anywhere in the sample and the sample editor gives you a hint right from the buttons, which offset position you’ve clicked.

You can also watch the loop in the sample editor, while the tutorial song is playing.

cool wil try that out, have no idea what you meant by

“just load a drumloop and use the 09xx command next to a note to specify the playing position in the loop”

yet (i’ve never used a tracker before but i have been programming with various other linear seqeuncers), but I will try and figure it out with the manual, thanks for the reply much appreciated, i get the feeling it’s going to take me a long time to get my head around this software.

hey if anyone can point me any other good sources or references into an overview of how to use a tracker I would really appreciate it, hey thanks again for the reply!

You should check the video tutorials in the online help and the quickstart to get a basic understanding. Then check out the effect and pattern commands section. After you’ve read that, open the example song again and you’ll probably understand, if not, ask again :)

http://wiki.renoise.com/wiki/

Will do! thanks again for your help very much appreciated I have already gone through the video tutorial, a bunch of features haven’t sunk in yet but will go over it a couple more times. thanks again

conner_bw of this very forum wrote a bit of a guide on kuro5hin.
http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2005/11/13/182235/45
you might learn something

hey BeatSlaughter I know what you meant by
“Actually there isn’t mucht to say, just load a drumloop and use the 09xx command next to a note to specify the playing position in the loop.” now.

I got the beatslicing to work, but to adjust the playhead for the slice using the 09XX command, do you have to just guess the hexidecimal number for the xx of the 09xx? or is there an easier way to figure out the various parts of the loop?

cheers:}

patto, thanks for the info will totally check it out, much appreciated, slowly but sure I’m starting to put the pieces together, but a long way to go yet! thanks again folks!

Look in the sample editor, at the toolbar/icons just below the sample’s waveform display, and you’ll see:

As you click around in the waveform this indicator will update, showing you the 09xx command you’ll need to use to play the sample at that position.

^^ like dblue has shown, that offset value is most helpful : p

as you play around more you’ll start to notice patterns, such as with the amen and think breaks 0940 and 09C0 are a snare hit

;)

thanks again folks, really appreciate the help, this is totally helping me get what i was looking for out of the software, I think writing with a tracker is really starting to look like it work out sweet!
cheers again for all your help and time!! you folks are tops!

D’oh! I was half-asleep when I posted earlier :P