Cannot play Mac VSTi with QWERTY when UI is focused

Just bought Renoise and really like it so far. :slight_smile: I have a couple of VSTi plugins that I’m using, FAW Circle and Sound Academy ANA. I noticed that Circle will not let me focus the UI (i.e. click in it with my mouse) and play notes in Renoise via my QWERTY keyboard, but ANA will let me do that. Is this a problem with Circle, or is there some setting inside Renoise that I should try? It’s just a bit annoying that I can’t change parameters while playing on my keyboard. Thanks!

Hi, and welcome! Is your renoise 64 or 32 bit, and is one of the plugins perhaps not the same (32 or 64) that your renoise is? That could cause something like that I think…

Thanks KMaki. I’m running 32-bit, and Circle is 32 bit. Here are my results more exactly:

Sonic ANA, AU version: Can play QWERTY while tweaking parameters if “Enable Keyboard” is off.
Sonic ANA, VST version: Can play QWERTY while tweaking parameters. Cannot change state of “Enable Keyboard” button. Stuck on off.

Circle, AU version: Can play QWERTY before tweaking parameters if “Enable Keyboard” is off. After clicking on the interface, the QWERTY keyboard no longer triggers notes.
Circle, VST version: Same as above.