Can't right-click add pattern command for higher number vst parame

I’m trying to automate, for instance, the grain size of Glitch2, but since that slider is something like slider 50 or 60-odd, right click isn’t adding it to the pattern and I can only use the automation lane. This also has happened with other vsts with a lot of sliders/adjustable parameters. Is there any way of being able to get this to work?

? Do you know the instr automation device? For multiple automation at once using only one curve, put a meta mixer / splitter before and automate this one.

? Do you know the instr automation device? For multiple automation at once using only one curve, put a meta mixer / splitter before and automate this one.

Well, I only needed to automate one parameter, but thats a great idea, I can just attach a device to the parameter and automate that in the pattern editor instead. How come Renoise doesn’t take into account devices with large parameters lists, though?

How come Renoise doesn’t take into account devices with large parameters lists, though?

The device commands are limited to 4 digits:

• 1st digit is the device ID from 1 to Y (34) (Zxyy is reserved for global commands)
  • 2nd digit is the parameter ID from 1 to Z (35)
  • 3rd and 4th digits are the parameter value from 00 to FF (255)

As you can see, you can only address up to the 35th parameter directly before we run out of space. After that, you’ll have to either use graphical automation which can address every parameter internally, or get creative in some other way.

When using Glitch 2, you may already have an instrument VST FX alias linked to it, in order to change scenes by sending MIDI notes into the plugin. In that case, you can indeed use an Instrument Automation device as a form of indirection, to map whichever parameters you’re interested in, as Jurek suggested.

Ahh, so it’s the 35th parameter it caps out at. Is there a way of renumbering the parameter starting point? That might be useful in case of not needing earlier numbered parameters, or maybe even extending pattern commands to include symbols to address the higher numbers?