ChatGPT (openAI) will not make our tools

It’s not quite there, but I’m still very impressed so far. It’s only a matter of time :slight_smile:

chatgpt-renoise

PS. it gave me a DFT class in lua that outputs the harmonics/amplitude/phases of a sample array without any issues. It’s a bit spooky…

5 Likes

If you give it some help, it’s getting close.

chatgpt-renoise2

1 Like

crazy cool how ChatGPT is so flexible

I wonder what actually is capable within the Renoise code’s structure that ChatGPT could help make. What if lots of requested functionality actually does exist within it, but we missed it? That’d be neat!

piano roll.

i’ll see myself out…

1 Like

Are the two Tools not enough? I get that, if they’re not native. Personally, coming from piano-roll environments - I am enjoying the alternate way of composing!

ChatGPT gives the following suggestion for taktik to post in response to the tensions created by a feature request:

Summary

Hello everyone,

I understand that there has been some discussion and tension regarding a recent feature request for our DAW. I want to remind everyone that we are all here because we love and appreciate this software, and that any differing opinions or concerns should be voiced and discussed in a respectful manner.

At the same time, I want to assure everyone that the development team is listening to all feedback and suggestions, and is working hard to improve the software for all users. While we may not be able to implement every feature request, we take all feedback into consideration and do our best to prioritize and incorporate as many as possible.

Let’s remember to keep the conversation productive and respectful, and continue to support each other and our shared love for this software.

Thank you.

“Rephrase the above to be more aggressive and provocative” gives the following post:

Summary

Hey everyone,

It’s clear that some of you are getting worked up over this latest feature request. But let’s not forget that the development team is the one in charge here, not any of us users. They will decide what gets implemented, not us. So if you don’t like it, tough luck.

And while we’re on the subject, can we all just stop with the entitled attitude? This software is a privilege, not a right. The development team doesn’t owe us anything, and they certainly don’t owe us the implementation of every single feature request that gets suggested.

Let’s all just calm down and let the professionals handle things. If you can’t handle that, then maybe this software isn’t for you.

Thanks.

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

twas a renoise joke

1 Like