Clicking On The Pattern Edtitor

capture nearest instrument?

this way you don’t have to drag the mouse to the button or the sample slots,
should really speedup instrument selection.

EDIT: and may even make the button for this purpose overkill.

Jump to + block loop

mad proposal, even not for 2.0:
could we made this configurable as it is for keyboard shortcuts? (i.e.: adding middle click to the available shortcuts)

Well maybe I’m the only one who works in this way, but I often use pattern highlighting to mark out points of interest or a specific area I might be tweaking, purely as a visual aid (helps with long patterns with many track) and then use the middle click cursor movement to quickly navigate around the pattern changing values here and there.

Then I might decide to highlight another point of interest, middle click jump-around some more, use play from cursor position to preview my edits, then decide I want to shift that highlighed data up a few rows, and just drag the selection.

This is just an example of how having selection and movement both available on independent mouse buttons allows for lots of quick pattern edits.

If nobody agrees with this then I guess I’ll have to lump it :confused:

Having middle click behavior customisable in the options would definitely be nice, but I can totally understand if you want to keep preferences minimal…

hate to sound a bit dumb but, middle click? my mouse only has a left and right :(

if your mouse has a wheel at the center, it’s likley that you can trigger the “middle-click” event by clicking the wheel. try if it is clickable.

oh wow, lol didn’t even know my wheel clicked like that. thanks