Cmc Renoise Starts Now!

lol! :D

novus:
all I can think about your problem is

• let people submit RNS and MT2 files aswell, with no VST.
  • you get a ReNoise and MT2 license, render RNS/MT2 files to OGG files, and release them into the votepack.

Quite an hard-way solution, but will grant all of
MOD/XM/S3M/MTM/IT/MT2/RNS files to be played with XmPlay.

Sagosen, I’m glad SOMEBODY here understands my sense of humor. :)

It-Alien, I’ve looked into XMPlay before, but it doesn’t officially support RNS or MT2 files (or SKM files from Skale, for that matter). I also once got an e-mail from someone claiming that MODPlug Player can play MT2s. I’ve recently verified for myself that that’s sort-of true, but the playback is nowhere near 100% accurate. I would assume the same is true for XMPlay as well, so I can’t recommend XMPlay for RNS or MT2 playback… not right now anyway. Maybe they’ll change that in the future.

goes back and re-reads It-Alien’s post

Oh.

:rolleyes:

THAT makes more sense… except then I’d have to take the time to download the RNS and MT2 files themselves, chase down any required VSTs or plug-ins, take the time to convert them to MP3 or OGG, and then start hosting lots of MP3s and OGGs on my site, to be downloaded by dozens of visitors over limited bandwidth.

No thanks. I don’t have the time, the space, or the bandwidth… or the money to pay for the latter two even if I did have the time. Good suggestion overall, but it’s just not feasible for me in particular.

So, we’re back to square one: any and all internal or bundled features are allowed, but no plug-ins or other outside add-ons. Which means no VSTs, unless Renoise starts bundling VSTs in with the core software, in which case I’d allow those VSTs only. (See the Mad Tracker example from earlier in this thread.)