Colundi tuning in Renoise

Hello everyone,

I’ve recently been using the colundi scale (via a colundi scl file) to write music with a select number of vsts that allow alternate tuning, but would love to use this scale with Renoise instruments that have created. Has anyone successfully pulled this off? The “scl to xrni” add-on doesn’t seem to be working for me in 3.4.1

I’ve tried just about everything except manually tuning all 128 values myself. I wouldn’t want to to do that every time i make a new instrument.

Any workaround ideas?

Works here in the latest Renoise, probably doesn’t auto update correctly and you have to do some manual altering of the script in the terminal (updating the manifest to 6 like in the screenshot below).

How to enable the script terminal;

Also if you don’t already know, you have to disable this icon in the sample editor when having run a .scl file in the tool;

you can make stepper devices that modulate pitch values in the instrument modulation section. Set the stepper step length to zero, assign a macro to stepper reset, then map that to a keytracker in the instrument effects section using an instrument macro control doofer. Tuning can be a little finicky, but you’d only have to do it once, then you can save the whole shebang as an instrument, or just save the microtonal pitch stepper as a modulation preset and drop it in on any sample.
here’s an example, not with colundi:
ovetoner.xrni (6.0 KB)

there are some issues with doing it this way, namely that pitches don’t always line up neatly with sequential keys, but that can be minimized by tweaking the range values in the keytracker. The above instrument is mapped from c4 to c6

1 Like

Cheers…I’m gonna play with this

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.