Command for "reverse sound, but end at <command>"?

Didn’t find anything for this in a quick search, please straighten me out if I missed something obvious.

I’ve been a little annoyed trying to get 0Bxx to end_just right_, which got me questioning whether a function existed to reverse a sound, but the command to reverse is the end of the sound instead of the beginning of the reverse. Seems like this would mess with the timeline, but seems like a neat idea.

Does this exist? Is it even possible?

Or maybe I just need to spend some quality time with my library to get those samples trimmed up properly. :badteeth:

Nope. People have asked this before. The simplest solution imo is to render a new sample of the length you need, and then reverse that.

So for example, say you have a short sound that you want to end after four lines. Just play the sample normally, select four lines to render. This will create a new sample with some extra silence at the end. But it’s four lines long, so when you reverse it, it ends exactly at the fourth line.

Other than that render solution, I think a tool would be the next best approach. I haven’t seen one to do this yet.

Not sure this will help or what you are trying to do, but maybe try to use 0Sxx in combination with 0Bxx?

Unfortunately, you can’t put the two on the same line, it’ll just play backwards, ignoring the sample offset point.

So on line you enter the note, you write 0Sxx in the FX, and FF in the delay column, and on the next line 0Bxx.

FF in the delay column so that there is no noticeable lag between the sample triggering forward, then going backwards.

Then you can mess with the sample offset point to get it timed right.

I hope this makes sense…

Unfortunately, you can’t put the two on the same line, it’ll just play backwards, ignoring the sample offset point.

So on line you enter the note, you write 0Sxx in the FX, and FF in the delay column, and on the next line 0Bxx.

Actually, that should work just fine…?

Wait, no - they do behave a little funny. But definitely not just ignoring the offset … Hm, I just learned something

Turns out it starts from the end in reverse - so S10 B00 actually starts 10 values from the end, so F0.

(I was working with short high hat samples with long tail end so didn’t notice the difference.)

So everything works yes; sorry for the misleading comment.