Congrats on the new forum design!

Thank you for your anwser Danoise ! Seems like I missed this post about the malware !

As for bugs:

#1 If I try to quote a post, I get the green “progress bar” animation, but nothing happens.

#2 In the editor, when I highlight text and click the “create link” icon, the screen dims, and nothing happens (box never pops up).

Both in Chrome (version 36.0.1985.125 m)

@Mivo: thanks, trying to fix both issues right now.

As for the missing popup in #2, this is strange but can be worked around for now by disabling the WYSIWYG editor.

You can do this by hitting the little “switch” in the top left corner of the editor

In the new forum there seems to be no way to look at the new posts in a thread. The old one immediately jumped to the first new post when clicking on a thread in the new content section. The new forum does not do this. Not only this but I cannot even tell which posts are new since my last visit when scrolling through the thread myself.

I like it! :slight_smile:

What happened to the old forum? I saw something about malware. :frowning:

In the new forum there seems to be no way to look at the new posts in a thread.

If you look to the right of the thread title, you’ll see the name and date/time of the last person who posted. Click the date/time and it will take you to the last post. (It’s always been this way, afaik)

I cannot even tell which posts are new since my last visit when scrolling through the thread myself.

When you’re on the “View New Content” page, you have various different filters displayed on the left side. Have you tried to play with these? I think you can combine different things like “Content I have not read” and “Items I participated in” to keep better track of threads that you’re involved with.

@dblue (since quoting also doesn’t work): If I click on the date it takes me to the last post in that thread which is not necessarily the first unread/new one!

Also the filters don’t help. My issue is about having an indication of which post within a thread are new!

The old forum automatically took me to the first unread post when I clicked on the thread title in the new content page. Please bring that behaviour back.

quoting also doesn’t work

It’s been a bit iffy today, but the quote feature should be working in general. I’m using it right now, so it’s definitely working for me. I think it’s just a weird cache or cookies thing? Try to log out and back in again, and maybe clear your cache as well. Maybe switch themes and then back again.

When you see “Search…” as the default text in the search bar above, instead of the ugly “placeholder” text, then quoting should work. We’re still looking into exactly why this happens.

If I click on the date it takes me to the last post in that thread which is not necessarily the first unread/new one!

Ah, gotcha.

Well, if I look at the link to this particular thread in the main forum, I get:
https://forum.renoise.com/t/congrats-on-the-new-forum-design/42002

This includes “?view=getnewpost” at the end of the URL, which I presume does what you’re expecting? Not sure if there’s some quirk with this function or not. Either way, if something is broken then we’ll have to consult the IP.Board team, because we definitely didn’t code this forum ourselves.

Good job!

It’s been a bit iffy today, but the quote feature should be working in general. I’m using it right now, so it’s definitely working for me. I think it’s just a weird cache or cookies thing? Try to log out and back in again, and maybe clear your cache as well. Maybe switch themes and then back again.

When you see “Search…” as the default text in the search bar above, instead of the ugly “placeholder” text, then quoting should work. We’re still looking into exactly why this happens.

Ah, gotcha.

Well, if I look at the link to this particular thread in the main forum, I get:
https://forum.renoise.com/t/congrats-on-the-new-forum-design/42002

This includes “?view=getnewpost” at the end of the URL, which I presume does what you’re expecting? Not sure if there’s some quirk with this function or not. Either way, if something is broken then we’ll have to consult the IP.Board team, because we definitely didn’t code this forum ourselves.

Well, quoting seems to work now apparently :slight_smile:

Yes, the getnewpost part does the trick. However, for me this is not part of the domain!

Also, I changed my theme to the IP board default, but now I cannot switch back since the button for changing themes is gone :slight_smile:

It seems the new forum doesn’t allow to attach files anymore. I tried to attach a 300kb small jpg, but got an error.

It seems the new forum doesn’t allow to attach files anymore. I tried to attach a 300kb small jpg, but got an error.

Yeah, it affected a number of things but should be fixed now.

Yep, works again, thx.

I didn’t quite like the new layout, so I’m working on a custom css (using “stylish”) that is meant to be more sleek and less crowded.

This is what it looks like so far:

Click to view contents

Sk%C3%A4rmdump%202014-08-10%2021.27.47.p

I didn’t quite like the new layout, so I’m working on a custom css (using “stylish”) that is meant to be more sleek and less crowded.

This is what it looks like so far:

Very nice. I like the use of UPPERCASE. The new forum design is not final, so we might just take a couple of cues from that :slight_smile:

The biggest problem I have with the new forum is how some elements (like “follow topic”) seem to be freely floating, not properly integrated in a meaningful way.

Very nice. I like the use of UPPERCASE. The new forum design is not final, so we might just take a couple of cues from that :slight_smile:

Thanks. I’m just trying to optimize it for the regular user, so it’s not meant to give the best impression to the newer ones.

Anyhow, I really think you should place the forum descriptions in ALT= / tooltips. These alone make the layout very crowded. And small improvements could be made when it comes to how the relevance of the content is reflected in the layout - for example the total number of topics / posts are a little bit too exaggerated considering it’s not something many people care too often about. Just making them a bit brighter helps. Just a principle…

Regarding the “follow this topic” button; why not just let it sit beside “reply to this topic” with the same style?

I’ll be working on beautifying my mod by using subtle gradients, instead of your current glossy style implied by the “sub-headers”. Imo gradients are nicer.

The biggest problem I have with the new forum is how some elements (like “follow topic”) seem to be freely floating, not properly integrated in a meaningful way.

The biggest problem I have with the Renoise forum is how it sounds. I don’t know what it is, but it just sounds duller than the other forums (e.g. Ableton, Cubase, etc.). I know that mathematically it should sound the same, since summing up some posts into a thread is the same process, but it simply doesn’t! I am pretty sure this is also not a psychological effect, but it is really there!

Mkay. We can try to take a screenshot of the Ableton forum, invert the colors and paste it onto the Renoise one. That should sort out things once and for all.

I am missing possibility to enter uninteresting thoughts in the rightmost chatty sidebar. there is no field to enter substantial uninteresting thoughts no more. there was before. I can remember clear as day!

where is it. i am spinning around… give it back. and the loop finetuner also. why is that gone?

It’s there, just hidden under your name at the top.