Crazy Song Mangling Tools?

any news on this ,i really liked BYTE-SMASHERS idea

pretty late to this,
but how about an xrns-php script that randomizes track assignments?
So all your instruments come back through different DSP channels.
You can then merge the two versions of the track using the song merge tool that we’ve already got.
Could yield some fun results? You could have some definitions such as, only move to adjacent channels, through to complete chaos, with any note in a sequence being moved to different channels!

another late entry due to the bump - how about a tool that replaces all instruments playing in a track/pattern with a random selection of the instruments/samples you already have loaded.

it would be live live slicer but totally random - you could even make a small interface so you could select the samples to be used as the source samples for randomisation?

i think it would turn renoise into an FX unit - but then you could incorporate the madness into other xrns’s.

or something

https://forum.renoise.com/t/vst-to-xrni-instrument-is-this-possible/23542

fix this if possible :)

I had a similar thought. We all have tons of unfinished songs.
I thought of attempting to do an “inspiration assistant” as the next generation of RPG, but this looks like quite a complicated task that involves quite a few algorithms for each type of track and each music style.

That whole ‘auto finisher’ idea sounds great to me

Like on PSPSEQ on the Sony PSP. http://dspmusic.org/psp/

I think this is the best idea,
I often want to make the music jump, skip a fraction of a beat, and this would be a useful tool for it and other experiments.
As for an “auto finisher”, it just doesn’t interest me. I’m all for music by chance like John Cage, but simply sticking a sample or a song into a “mangler” and saying the final product is yours…that’s wrong.
If music was that easy to compose, where would the satisfaction be?
It makes you wonder; whats the point of putting all the effort in when someone else is just going to use the “mangler”.

@Moss: it’s just a tool, and you can usually tell when somebody’s created music using an automatic process through signs like lack of internal coherence and a general deficiency of meaningful detail. This gets pretty noticeable when others are using the same tool (e.g. a song made of Nexus presets sounds like a song of genre “made with Nexus presets” … come to think of it, most music by ‘Global Deejays’ has a similar problem… ).

Don’t freak out, having a mangler would be very useful for those who use it as just a tool, and then build on the result.

Edit: satisfaction would be more asymmetric than usual, where listeners genuinely enjoy a track more than the author (like Backstreet Boys songs, dimestore romance novels, and other such soulless rhetoric).

someone could make simple tool for drum real paterns (elektronic drums midi data)
to expand from different sound notres (midi data) to different instruments (ride instrument 00, shnare instrument 01, …) and different tracks for different effecting