Delay Column; Change default to 80(hex)?

Exactly, the values in the delay column would change in real time as you drag. As would the note’s trigger placement. So, if you held CTRL (or something) you could move a note (or more) up/down by step, rather than by line, giving you a very fine control of the note’s position + delay. I was beginning to think, also, that the melody/roll view could be an extension of the default pattern view for each track, instead of an alternate view, so that you could work in both at the same time, access data in both, see how changes in one affects the other, etc. (melody/roll view would be minimized by default to keep tensions down)

1 Like

I really vote for negative delay, whatever the implementation is ! And hope that, when recording in real time, the closest line will be chosen.

1 Like

Exactly, the values in the delay column would change in real time as you drag. As would the note’s trigger placement. So, if you held CTRL (or something) you could move a note (or more) up/down by step, rather than by line, giving you a very fine control of the note’s position + delay. I was beginning to think, also, that the melody/roll view could be an extension of the default pattern view for each track, instead of an alternate view, so that you could work in both at the same time, access data in both, see how changes in one affects the other, etc. (melody/roll view would be minimized by default to keep tensions down)

THIS! (and the “sample selection jam” are the best new renoise ideas right now)

Bump

1 Like

I was just going to make this exact suggestion, but Discourse helpfully informed me of the existing post (nice).

But now it warns me against bumping a topic that was made over 2 years ago… oh well, you can’t please everybody ^^

1 Like

bump from me too!