Delay Precision

i know this is probably somewhat covered under the increased automation precision idea, but it might be interesting to implement separately: the built-in stereo delay effect would be twice as useful to me if there were a toggle to change the delay range to, say, 0-10ms… the increased precision in shorter delay times would make possible some neat parametric flanging/spatializing effects with automation.

-anti

ping

Tried to find a free delay vst to see what you were talking about but I couldn’t find any with high resolution in the 0-10ms range.

It’s always fun to experiment with the extreme values of effects so to me it sounds like a great idea even if I have no idea what “parametric flanging/ spatializing” is. ;)

i guess “width” track’s option gives that small stereo delay… but imho it’s too small… anyway i sent few stereo expand conception to taktik ages ago, i think he will put his time into that some day. atm, you can use some free delays to get what you want… i use js’s pan delay… you can get it from some places like http://membres.lycos.fr/jeje1999/plug.htm

thank you for the link… i’ll try out the js delay. if anybody’s familiar with squarepusher’s Feed Me Weird Things album, track 4 provides kind of an example of what i meant by “parametric flanging”… you could automate very small delay times to create that neat effect. like a flanger but manually controlled instead of LFO. also, small delays in different stereo channels can enhance a panning effect.

-anti