Describe Your Default/template Song

cheers. so i set up my session and then…what exactly? i can’t seem to find that template dialog box anywhere… i select save as, and all i can do is save as a song.

“If, however, you would like every new song to be created with a specific set of tracks, DSPs, instruments and/or MIDI mappings etc, then you can create such a base song and save it as a template.

Did you read the link given you above? The one about the Song Setting tab. Far right tab for the Lower Pane. You see to the right of Groove Settings where you have a box titles Template Song? With Save and Delete options. Try hitting Save ;)

OOOPS.

i was looking up high. :)

TPL : 16
LPB : 8
BPM : 140 (the middle as i need 160 & + for breakcore or less than 100 for ambient).
Pattern Lenght : 80Hex
8 Channels + 1 Send

No intruments/Samples/VST/VSTi but i’ll surely add Battery 3 as Intr 00 & Yamaha Final Master VST (very old effect but i love it ^^) on Master Channel.

1 Track, 1 sample ( often sine ), 135 bpm, 16-8 lpb, 64 lines

360bpm, 8lpb, 3 patterns with 128 lines (but experimenting with 12lpb + 96/192 lines lately)
default tracks (8 tracks + master + 1 send), but mixer sliders all set to -3dB.
instrument 1 a single-cycle sine (but growing tired of this and often replace it soon after starting Renoise)

I have just noticed this topic. Thanks for posting your templates, I think it will help me change my habits from lbp 4 to 16 which I found most suitable for me atm.

After I’m done working on a project I just delete all patterns and samples, then save template.

It keeps it kind of random, but evolving based on whatever I was last doing. Sometimes I set the bpm to zero on the first line which forces me to set the bpm to the tempo of the music in my head rather than jamming on what’s given.

I recently saved a very well organized template involving lots of bright colors for the channels w

After I’m done working on a project I just delete all patterns and samples, then save template.

It keeps it kind of random, but evolving based on whatever I was last doing. Sometimes I set the bpm to zero on the first line which forces me to set the bpm to the tempo of the music in my head rather than jamming on what’s given.

I recently saved a very well organized template involving lots of bright colors for the channels which makes it easier to know where I am without having to read the track header. I’ll post a screenshot sometime when I get home.

really cool idea, hadn’t thought of that!

One year later and I’m curious about this as well…