Different Things

I imagine these things are easy to implement :

• A shortcut function that lets me increase/decrease the velocity values of a marked block (and perhaps also one equal for panning and one for the effects)

• A shortcut function that lets me set the instrument number of a marked block to the current selected instrument

• Changable key for block marking (not only the ALT-key)

• Changable key for deleting an effect value (not only Del)

• If I select a key from the virtual keyboard then this key should no longer play a note because I have then two functions on it

• Better block marking function. If I want to mark track 1-4, row 0-32 then I first have to mark track 1-4 and then I must scroll down to row 32 or I have to use the shortcuts for block-begin and block-end.
    But if it is possible to JUMP 16 rows, it should also be possible to MARK 16 rows (by pressing the block marking key + the jump-16-rows - key, right?

• Toggle on/off scrolling over the track border (from Track1 to the last and vice versa). I personally would prefer it if I could stop at the borders because I miss it as a center of reference. It would be nice to have an absolute origin (why not user-defined) where I can jump to with a shortcut function.

Perhaps more difficult to implement :

• Send tracks more comfortable :
    I love it to have send tracks, it’s a great and powerful feature. But I often loose the overview because I cannot rename these tracks and I don’t know, which sample tracks belong to a specific send track until I checked all the sample tracks. A small overview (i.e. the sample track names appearing anywhere if you’re on a send track), the possibility to rename a send track or the possibility to move a send track right next to the affected sample tracks (the send tracks would separate the sample tracks then a bit) would be nice.

Probably hard to implement :
A well-known disadvantage of using samples is the tempo<->pitch conflict which means if I pitch the sample up it plays faster. The FFTPitcher in the sample editor sounds more than a strange kind of doppler-effect. Of course there are VST plugins (as Ultravox) that can do the job but such a feature would fill a great gap in the tracking landscape and give renoise a lot of more might. A limit of four halftones up and down would be enough if it works properly then.

• A shortcut function that lets me increase/decrease the velocity values of a marked block (and perhaps also one equal for panning and one for the effects)
  • A shortcut function that lets me set the instrument number of a marked block to the current selected instrument

Agree both these things would be useful

• Changable key for block marking (not only the ALT-key)
  • Changable key for deleting an effect value (not only Del)

New shortcuts are coming soon, tho don`t know if these are included yet?

…to move a send track right next to the affected sample tracks…

Yes I think this would be useful.

Probably hard to implement : …

Yep Ive read that this is hard to implement and dont think it is soon on the todo list altho in the longrun I would vote for this. I wouldn`t tho have it higher in my list than other big features like layered sample support…

you can mark what you want e.g. the whole pattern … by using the left-mouse-key: hold down and move the pattern horizontal or vertical … or use the mouse-wheel … but you are right - i miss better block marking by the keys only too

always suggested … B)

yeahh… I’ve suggested this a lot of time ago and this is a must.

I’ve also imagined this as a velocity automation envelope.
It would be different from the existing volume automation envelope because this one acts after sound rendering, while the new one should multiply by a 0…1 value the velocity before rendering the sound. This would be particulary useful for multilayered instruments (such as Native Instruments Kontakt programs).

Bad example. If you want to mark the whole pattern you press alt+P. Try alt+T also. Otherwise, several good suggestions here.

Totally agreed. Long time ago FT2 had a little ‘scale velocities’ dialog and it was really useful. In Renoise’s advanced edit menu I’d love to see:

• set all values to x
  • scale values by x %
  • scale values to x - y range
  • limit values to x - y range

where by values I mean velocity, pan or effect (selectable).

–P/\ULiE PHONiCK