Direct Note Access - Rocket Science At Its Best...

Melodyne 2 preview featuring Direct Note Access!

Just check the url and the video within. I’m speechless.

It’s a new era for the audio industry. A-w-e-s-o-m-e.

Share your feelings/thoughts!

yes saw this yesterday,its nice,

I would really like to see this in action with a custom recording.

the demo video is so pompous that they simply cannot be lying :)

yeah this news is spreading like fire through the audio scene with a lot of OMFG’s and praise to can’t believe it, must be aprils fool :slight_smile: Can’t wait to playtest this baby, technology looks very interesting to experiment with.

whoaaaa. i was playing around with anteres last night but this looks like a step up!

Well, I’m sceptical. It is awesome, yeah, but is it really useful? Ok, it could be useful to correct a note in a very long recorded part, but I don’t see any other reason to use it. Why should I play one chord and then split it into notes in order to transform it into other chords? If I want to have a concrete melody I could just play it… :) It is more interesting for using samples, but I don’t think that this feature is desired very often…

For me this a revolution. I have thousands of recorded chords and sequences from older synths – and for the first time, with this software, I’ll be able to restore them to their full glory!

Thanks to the inventive mind of Peter Neubäcker. But why are all the best music software produced in Germany?

For example, take Renoise. Or reFX’s Nexus. Or Melodyne/Direct Note Access. Or Brainworx’s bx_digital. Or Cognitone’s Harmony Navigator and their upcoming Music Prototyping Studio – these are exactly the kind of music software tools that REALLY boosts my musical creativity on all levels.

Even the best sample-CD’s seem to originate in Germany, such as those produced by Manuel Schleis and Manuel Reuter at Vengeance. Now, I have nothing against Germany, I’m just pondering why this is so. It can’t be a coincidence.

dude, are you crazy? :) People are lusting over this like crazy, example: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.ph…asc&start=0

Disassembling real life guitar solo’s is pretty awesome…
But trying to emulate the real situation is another challenge, though indeed more time consuming.
Yet if you like that challenge, using such technology Melodyne applies, is not something worth your while, but to pace up your workflow, Melodyne would probably be the bomb :)

so, what’s it really do?

:eek:
this man is a genius.

Looking forward to check this out… Think of other areas which could benefit fromt this technique (speech recognition, e.g.)

This will give samples a really new life.

I know melodyne and ive been toying with it for a while but really can’t get my head around this …how the hell can they divide a 'static recording ’ like a chord into multiple files , just by analyzing the formants of the original static waveform ??
If so nothing short of amazing

Will be amazing for bastard remixes!

I imagine it won’t handle complete song mixdowns too well, but the implications are immense nevertheless.

Jesus Christ. This is amazing. Like someone said, I dont imagine it will work as well on ful mix downs, but for solo passages it will be amazing.

Kills Soul.

1000 yen says you will download it. :drummer:

this is how the piano roll in renoise should look like :wink:

Soul kills soul, nothing else. Or as Björk put it,

I know Akoff music composer does a pretty job as well, not perfect, but it seems to recognise chords as well (and you can use that technique now and for free by sending the midi notes to Renoise).
If i look at how Melodyne does it, it looks like Melodyne does it a whole lot better.

oh my farking god… this is beyond insane