Discussion

“Will renoise turn in to a Fruity Loop’s kind of app?”

“…that this is about to happen if the users of renoise dont speak up!”

“Dev’s : Take a step back and see if you really are fit for the job.”

“Why go “pro” (pro, like: looks like a pro app. but IS a tracker)”

You seem to have a big problem with fruityloops. Do your mates use it, swear by it… and you feel special because you work with a tracker instead?
Is this some xbox 360 vs Ps3, mac vs pc shit? Do you feel, your inability to create something (interesting, mildly refreshing?) has anything to do with graphical layout of a software program?

Hi there jonas the plugexpert

Lets go through the upper left menu and see if it really neeeds to be there.

its only the Preferences, New song and open recent + Clipboard i cannot find other places aswell…easily
SO , why is this kind of presentation chosen? THATS MY QUESTION!!!

I mean . IF the dev’s doesnt have any other explonation rather than “why not” i cannot possible see why it should be there in the first place.!!

SO , my consern is: Are you getting sloppy, adding distractions to make Renoise look lika a industry standard application???

I think that new user should adjust to the tracker, not the otherwayaround.

Above all the graphical layout is crusual for a creative flow. Not colours. nor shape, but workspace.
So far, a tracker is the most intuitive music app for me cuz of how it presents the workspace.
Look at 3D apps like Shake or 3DstudioMax, or some of AfterEffects etc.
most of the features is located around the center. very easily accesible.
Its hard to compare thes apps, but mabye it will enlighten some of what i’ve said before.
Please. i’m trying to be polite. You wont get to meet and hang out with the developers by
sucking they’r asses.

and another thing. whatss uuup with all the goddamn messageboxes??

Wow, if that’s you trying… then you must not be a very successful person?

This is me caring.

This is stupid beyond belief. Absolutely beyond belief. So a contrived non-standard UI == tracking? Whoa have i been wrong since Protracker :D

Jesus freaking christ. I’ve been using Protracker, IT, FT2, ST, ModPlug, PlayerPro (which was awesome AND had a piano roll type thing ;P) and stumbled into MadTracker before finding Renoise. Renoise takes the best of everything i loved about the aforementioned and puts it in a package that can actually be sold to anyone. Do you think the guys are doing this shit for free? Do you think Starbreeze quit development of FT2 because they were sick and tired of working on it?

As much as you like to think this is altruistic patriotism for your fabled “tracker ethos”, this is about guys spending time better spent on their day jobs on something that so far looks to be the first truly mainstream tracker ever made, and as such puts those of us NOT too interested in pretending be be advanced technicians rather than musicians in a position where we can say “I use Renoise” without some prick giving us the “oh, not Cubase” stare-over.

I’m sick and tired of ingrates like you HaveSome. This tracker is the best thing that ever happened to tracked music. Why? Becuase it takes all the limitations that made us look stupid in the past and make them into STRENGTHS, and wrap it all in a package that counters the #1 complaint about trackers: That they make no f****ing sense at all to the uninformed.

I don’t give a shit if there’s a piano roll. I don’t give a shit if there’s a file menu that puts things in places people expect them to be. All i care is this crazy FL-like thing you’re so disappointed in (as if it had anything at all in common with FL other than a design ethic that makes sense) allows me to create music i can play at festivals, shows both at home and abroad, put records out, get cred as a good musician, all without fing sounding like a fing tracker user. Jesus christ, are you AWARE of how unfathomably terrible trackers have sounded in the past? It was only through SUPREME EFFORT musicians were able to wringe quality sound out of them. In recent memory, trackers have been synonymous with lowfi chiptunes or speedcore techno. “tracker speedcore” was a genre, for crying out loud.

Renoise allows me to sound like whatever i want, but with tools i’m comfortable with. This is why i paid for it then, it’s why i’ll pay for 2.0, and it’s why i’ll keep pushing it on anyone i run into interested in getting into sounds. It is supreme, SUPREME value for money, and what are you complaining about? “Waah the preferences window is in this menu and it’s like on top of everything waah”.

Grow the f**** up little man. And that’s the last i’ll ever say to you until you have something interesting to say.

My God, it’s full of stars*!

• although they’re f*cking asterisks in this case :lol:

What are you talking about?? READ my posts goddamnit.
AGAIN, I LOVE Renoise of the same resons as you.
Sunjammer? Never heard your name in the same sentence as “a good musician”.
Work hard. Get over it.

Whatever.

Bantai seems to understand what i’m talking about, but doesnt agree.

Thank you Bantai.

Yep, because - paraphrasing you - he tries to adjust to you, although it should be the other way round. That’s why Sunjammer has shown some temper. You provoked utterances like that. Please, don’t tell me you weren’t aware of it. Even if that’s true (then I pity you).

As for me, it’s fun to have a local curiosity like yourself ;) The thing that worries me is that someone may take your words seriously :huh:

And BTW, when I’ve last seen 3DSMax (ages ago), and it had a main menu and preferences dialog. Message boxes, etc. What’s up with that?

Let me repeat myself, that’s a pointless talk. And me… I should be long asleep. Take care then.

lol, STILL cant see what i’ve pointed out SO many times now.

Mabye you just cant read that good?

Sleep tight

HaveSome - I have honestly read this entire thread, and I can’t really pinpoint what your problem is with version 1.8 other than the new file menu.

Is that it? Just the file menu?

If not, please elaborate your position more coherently.

read my signature!

YOU’RE fruity!!!

HaveSome,

you may not agree with Sunjammer, but you must admit he showed more creative spirit in swearing than you.

Sunjammer, do you use any particular old-skewl, messagebox-free text editor to compose your swears?

yes, his english is very good

Havesome: I have mad respect for Sunjammer’s music, meaning please listen to what he’s done before going “never heard of you, you must suck then”.

I’ve read your posts with an open mind, and what you’re nagging about is a “file”-menu and not being able to access the prefs like you used to. Well, make a shortcut and get over it. I understand you wanted dockable menus, but a file menu was preferred, so that happened. The file menu isn’t in the way, seriously, what’s the problem with it?

I understand you’re frustrated, but stick to 1.5.2 if you simply can’t work with 1.8. If that worked better for you, why switch? You can’t control the app future any more than anybody else, you’re a vast minority due to most of your posts being not much more than blasts of irritation with hardly any serious constructive grounds for improvement within the app itself.

Get to work, make some outline scetches of what you have in mind when you have time. Some day. Before you actually put some effort into the critisizm other than questioning the competance of the developers (again, with no SERIOUS ground) you’ll get no sympathy from anybody. As witnessed.

But whatev, good luck with your music anyways. :)

Okay can we stop going nowhere from here and create some music instead?
any five minutes more spend in this topic is wasted time. You all got 1.8 to toy with, if your not writing in the Bug section or at least contribute a fundamental idea in the discussion area, i expect you to be composing instead. (besides having your daily life)

Complaints and rants are okay but add some arguments and suggestions to it and then move on with your life if it is being dealth with or not.

I liked the line : Renoise is a tracker and renoise IS pro :)

So… Renoise is Pro Tracker? LOL

I love my renoise :) More than my girlfriend. She can’t sing :)

Well talkboxes and vocoders solve those kind of problems.

You guys dont freaking READ my posts. you skip lines and shit. it clearly indicates that somehow i stumbled over Sunjammers + couldnt find any comments about him being a good musician…

You guys dont freaking READ my posts. you skip lines and shit. it clearly indicates that somehow i stumbled over Sunjammers + couldnt find any comments about him being a good musician…

i LUV renoise 1.8.

(previous, dumb response by me deleted by me)

Ok, please elaborate then, so that we might understand your frustration better. I understand it has a lot to do with the design area, if you have brilliant suggestions of a better direction and explain it so we all (and especially taktik) understand what you mean this might actually go somewhere, debating the devs competance here doesn’t help. At all.

I try to answer the first posting directly, at leat how I understand it

No, because FL is just a musical game, no music software.

Most users are quite happy with the development of renoise. There are some real flaws like the shift-issue but in general I think the work with a tracker will be very satisfying soon.

Don’t get me wrong, what exactly do you mean by “streamlining”? Imho the usability of renoise is 80% a masterpiece. There are some design-flaws (e.g. putting advanced edit right near the pattern editor) but the usual tracker-like-keys remained the same. I use “FT2”-keymapping, never was able to use Impulse tracker or Screamtracker.

This implies you do not think, trackers can be as professional as tools like Cubase, Logic and other stuff like that. I strongly disagree with you, because I saw the professional potential in Trackers a long time ago, just because I know some producers (dance music, hip hop) which have record-deals and they use trackers. Some of them (massiv in mensch) are on #4 on canadian indie charts and they still use FT2 :)