Do You Know Of Any Females Who Use Renoise

the statements BS and f**** usually have that effect on people :)

Dude, don’t think I’m not prone to random and very f****ed up humour, really don’t. Let’s say this is what I’d have said to someone who seriously meant it etc. You didn’t really get under my skin I just love to use big language.

But, since it is a waste of time to discuss why women like or don’t like tracking, can you not imagine that this atmosphere of this being an area where you are are among friends who make sexist jokes, and somebody speaking up gets called a “grumpy old woman”, is not really helpful? I mean, that’s the only thing we can discuss right now really, “us”.

I know exactly what you’re talking about, and believe me, I have no problems charming women ;) But I’m not doing that on internet forums, so again, thanks but this is completely besides anything remotely interesting.

But btw, there are those who enjoy this behaviour because a good ribbing just shows you respect them as equal, and there are those who like being submissive, and the later just creeps me out to no end.

So you’re telling me people are so choked up trying to emotionally nurse me that they have no time to respond to anything else? Awww! :D

I’m telling you that getting a f****ing break gets you the response you got

“Now get back in the kitchen and bake me a goddamn pie!”

What I said that to fully deserved that, and these attempts at enforcing humor and avoiding any discussion are lame and spam at best.

Well, it’s true that taking a f****ing break is no laughing stock
But not really the most common way of starting a discussion

Why not start enter a discussion like that?

“…few female achievements…”

“Give me a f****ing break.”

Seems perfectly fitting to me.

Keep your hands away from my breaks you break breaking bastards!

[…]

:lol:

This is exactly why they have invented emoticons.

Sidenote: by “them”, I mean a few guys. ;)

i still dont understand where did you get the word “few”? :) are you being sexist here? :P you quoted me but i never said “few”

So if I would have just said :eek: instead of “give me a f-in break”…everything would have been totally different? :lol:

It’s still whimpy. Why I was pissed of is simply not interesting, nobody stepped up to say they’re personally offended so why keep harping on the tone while avoiding the content… it’s weak and hypocritical. Weak cuz it’s a cop out, hypocritical because on these forums people usually do not tend to get their knickers in a twist because of a few strong statements, or maybe I read that wrong.

I directly asked you something before and you kinde ignored that, so please don’t educate me on communication, k?

Uhm, Bantai did. And really, it’s a general thing. If you cannot SEE the “general thing” then either think I’m silly or keep wondering and thinking, but don’t get too sidetracked by who is exactly how chauvinist, who really means what etc… I stand by my opinion that generally, this kind of crap seems to be everywhere, and it reeks. I feel kinda strongly about that, yeah, and why shouldn’t I.

i think you really missed Bantais context of the ford “few” then :) he just said thad those few examples that he posted stood out, thats why he knows about them :)

But you are just so blinded with your feminism that you see what you wanna see… discrimination everythere.

Dude, taken literally that’s just what he said, that there are few female achievements:

“Bantai, you seem to be very knowledgeable in female achievements, are you feminist? :P

“Nah, the few they have just really stick out ;)

Now, I agree that it could also mean “the few female chess grandmasters there are really stick out”. But then that could be cleared up, and taken literally it’s just a f****ed up thing to say with a smilie added to it that makes it worse.

And now you add squirming to that. Just great.

And we’re STILL not beyond ad-hominens… if Women, who are NOT here, can speak for themselves, why can’t Bantai, who is? Why insult me instead, with no result at all?

dude, although the intention of this topic was somewhat serious, the replies were getting more and more into a lol’ing atmosphere… YOU are the one with his knickers twisted and making a fuzz about it… I just keep telling you that your ‘harsher’ reply gets a harsh reaction on something that hardly could be considered a discussion anyway.

but your arguements now are suggesting I’m the one being hypocrite, while I clearly stated that my sexist jokes are tough-guy-talk from a guy who’s had his fair share of sexism.

Too late to really enter the discussion, but I am totally with Johan and Byte-Smasher here. And the reason why there are no women using renoise is easy to find, just look in the “tools for musicmaking for a 14year old girl”-thread and you see why. Somehow no one can imagine a 14 year old girl could be really interested or even capable of making music (let alone with a tracker). (Hush, go back playing with your dolls !) If the topic would have been about a 14 year old boy the answers would have been totally different.

PS:Nice word “feminazism” byte, never found a correct term for that thing you mean.

Yeah right. I was expecting that. I just kept replying to the half-assed replies to my posts, and in return mostly get more 1.) logical fallacies and 2.) insults. That’s not making a fuss, that’s swatting flies that keep returning. I have the energy and the ability to be serious for longer than 5 minutes, so I’ll keep doing that as long as necessary, deal with it.

You guys are making a fuss about not owning up and/or taking back stuff. You’d rather blame it on the hysterical feminism or something instead of simply addressing what first was said, and THEN have the nerve to blame the allegedly failed discussion on ME??? As I said, squirming.

I just read again the “tools for musicmaking” thread and didnt find ANY sexist comments like “hush go back playing with your dolls!” Didnt find any comment that would be totally different if it was a boy.

Your imagination plays tricks with you!

And there is nothing to be ashamed about being a MAN, so act like one, quit being pussy ;) Nobody on this forum talked about being jerk towards women, or treat them like garbage. No woman has ever complained about me being sexist or treating her badly. All im saying is there is no point i striving to ultimate equalness, men and women will always be little different, there is nothing wrong with that. If mother nature wanted us to be all equal then there would be olny one sex and humans would procreate in some other way. Genders have had little different roles throughout all the history, its like it was supposed to be.

What have changed nowaday? All of the sudden there are gay parades everywhere demanding gay marriage and children adobtation, feminists demand ultimate equalness etc… Like someone said, today most discriminated social group is white hetero male :)

You think courage, honesty etc. are male properties? Bingo, that’d be sexist.

Also, thinking that women are no lesser beings somehow means being ashamed of being a man? Nah.

And by the way, being sexist doesn’t have to mean you hate women. You see, thinking “all black people are fast runners” would be racist, too, not just “black people are criminals”.

No, just talking about them slightly derogatory (and not talking about that, but doing it). But hey, “guy talk”, right?

Nobody cares how much of a nice guy you are, at least I don’t. It’s heartbreaking, I believe it’s true, but it’s just not relevant, sorry.

Actually, it works against you. If you are NOT a prick, why act like one?

Yet you obviously find it funny when someone knows about “female achievements”, you also seem to think feminism or being a feminist is a weird thing (as was pointed out already, it basically just means THAT YOU DON’T THINK HALF OF HUMANITY ARE SUBHUMANS.)

Look, if you want to make a point just do that and don’t beat around the bush…

Listen Johann, imo the one who beats around the bush is you. Did i say that courage, honesty etc are male properties? quote me on that!
Again, your imagination playes tricks with you. Its impossible to make a point to you when you are blindfolded and continue to put words in everybodys mouth. Its a clear sign that you have ran out of arguments to back you up, so you start making them yourself.

And again, im not a “nice guy”. You are desperatly trying to be “nice guy”. Im just a guy, thats it. And if you are trying to make women feel good and enjoy your company then you dont have to be “nice guy”. In fact women dont enjoy “nice guys” company, they have girlfriends for that,. You are BTW perfect canditate to be some womans girlfriend. When i said dont be ashamend to be a man then i obviously meant that its ok to be a man, its ok to be different from women, you dont have to be afraid like “maybe if i did this or said that then i would come across like sexist, god forgive me”

And yes, i DO think that being a feminist is a weird thing. As i said, women and men are little different, its by definition, period. Thats how nature created us, why fight it all of the sudden?

Bah, that’s not true! I don’t care what you are, the point was that you should start investing big bucks into something when it becomes a passion. Other than that, it’s never too late to enter a discussion.

Anyway, obviously some people have a problem with the guy-talk in this topic, so I apologized.
I seriously doubt anyone here is actually treating or talking about women with sincere disrespect.
Ofcourse equality is something worth fighting for, but it’s silly to say men and women are the same,
because they’re not. So one could say that TREATING them the exact same way is just as silly.

Personally, I don’t feel like discussing about this anymore, because I don’t have anything to defend,
except trying to correct misunderstandings. Besides, it was friday and I like taking a piss at the world
around me on fridays. As said in a previous post: I’m an asshole.