Do You Use Total Commander?

about question 2:
you can open an FTP session in a Windows Explorer window, and drag&drop files there.

Normally I use Total Commander, but I just checked out DirectoryOpus and it’s a very nice app. Only problem with it is that if you click on contacts, it tries to load up Windows Messenger, and gets it to autostart (if you’ve disabled it).
There’s another one, called ABCommander (http://www.winability.com/abcommander/).

Yeah, but its slow as hell…

I checked all of them, I kinda liked SpeedCommander.

muCommander is nice for a freebie, but it’s still under development.

TC stays my favorite for now, tho the hotkeys management is terrible.

A very useful thing I’d like to have in a Commander is the command line bar at the bottom, for running programs.

Anyone knows a good alternative to WinSCP? I am searching for a file managing tool for XP which supports SCP, and WinSCP ist veeeery slow on big dirs.

I wish there was a windows version of Rox-filer

On Win I use explorer.

Tip 2 speedup sample managment and search:
(instead of Renoise’s file manager)

Use this baby (TC) to navigate thru your samples, it’s just keyboard shortcut based as Renoise ! So navigating is very handy and fast.

You just pressing F3 to hear any sample,
Then create emty folder and copy all needed samples there.
Open this folder in Renoise and import samples.

;)

i’m a happy internet explorer user! (yeye, microsoft rulez! ;)) working with multiple explorer windows and hotkeys is efficient enough for me. couldn’t think of any faster method.
and the GUIs of these “xyz-commander-tools” always make me wanna run, run far far away :ph34r:

and FTP-wise, i prefer a true FTP client like smartFTP.

MuCommander has vastly improved.

http://www.mucommander.com/

If you’re tired of the Finder on OS X, this is a good free substitute.

Also kicks ass on Linux and Windows.

i’m a registered tc user, too.

Some of my friends use http://www.freecommander.com/index.htm, which is that’s my opinion not as good (but free, as the name suggests).

Total Commander is the best of them all, works 100% and doesnt cost a dime. Its no biggie to choose from three selections in nagrequester. Dopus went too complicated since the initial Windows-version.

I am using Total Commander on windows and Midnight Commander on linux. GNOME default file manager is pretty good aswell, looks like windows default file manager (explorer?), but enables you to DO ftp/sftp/fish, CD rip/write and tons of other cool things.

TC… first program I install after an OS install/re-install.
I wouldnt know what to do without it hehe.

I’ve been meaning to buy that for a while, I think it’s really worth it. It’s so customizable and powerful it’s crazy! :blink:

I use it for approx 10 years, it was the first application I actually paid for (although I already had a working key I’ve got “somewhere” ;)), and it’s still the first app I install on a fresh windows installation. Even before the drivers :) I tried lots of others, but TC is IMO still the best.

Also a long time Total Commander user here and also a reason i’m kinda allergic to keyboards, which modify the six key block above the arrow keys,which let’s me flip through my directories in lightspeed. :)

Midnight Commander and WinSCP at work (as for the Norton Commander-two-windows-thing).

I tried out many of them and I registered Directory Opus. You can customize anything in it.

Its so much better than windows built in I also found it a bit more powerful than wc though it also is a great program.

went back using TC after I’ve found the ensoniq filesystem plugin.
Let’s you browse and edit ensoniq formatted media, even floppy with the omniflop driver .
If you are using yet an EPS or ASR it’s really a must !!!

FAR Manager.

it’s brilliant, up-to-date and brings me back

here is how it looks like
www.farmanager.com anyway

russian devs have always been great