Does Renoise Osc Implement Pattern Matching Or Bundles?

The OSC specification descrbes pattern matching. For example,

/renoise/song/track/*/postfx_volume 50  

would apply the message to all tracks in the song.

I’ve tried this and it didn’t work, and I’m assuming there is no pattern matching in Renoise OSC, but I thought I’d ask in case I was using the wrong syntax or missing something.

I’ve not yet tried sending bundled OSC messages; does Renoise handle them?

Thanks!

No, I don’t believe there is - but, OSC message handling in Renoise is not a secret as such, you can simply open GlobalOscActions and see how the messages are interpreted. In theory, you could roll your own wildcard/pattern-matching engine. But, what would be the purpose of controlling all tracks at the same time?

Yes, this is quite easy - it is described in this OSC code snippet. But if you are planning to receive bundled OSC messages as well,
you will have to unpack them yourself. You can lift some code from the Duplex OscDevice, the method is called “unpack_message”

Good point.

Well, I’m writing about OSC and was referencing Renoise, and wanted to make sure my understanding of it was correct.

I’ve not run into an actual use case; maybe bulk assignment of prefx_volume_db(number).

I was more thinking in terms of Renoise OSC server handling bundled messages.

Thanks for the info.

It’s been interesting, in going through the OSC spec, to see what various OSC implementations omit. The OscP5 library for Processing, for example, handles bundles but does not have pattern matching.