[Done] Pattern Matrix Cell Color & Track Color

You can use the color picker to color them black. Then you can copy the color to the other tracks and then hide the show track colors.

This is a beautiful idea sir taktik, and thank you vV!

What we need is default the track colors black in the default template. This way, a track color is applied when desired rather than forced onto the user to change. having the tracks colored already is a great way to show people the feature exists, but it’s a much cleaner feature to make the color selection optional/manual from the start.

using taktik/danoise’s idea, we could color a track, by deviating from the colors selector’s pre-existing choice (black), therefore making all slots in the matrix for that track whatever color is chosen by the user. or these tracks all remain black, and the user can color unique cells however they please (though i think it should effect cloned slots with the same color)

combining these two ideas is very clean :)

i have to strongly agree on this

Well, if you really don’t want default colors, you can also save a template document where all track colors are set to white.

my point about colors is that they should be defaulted to something neutral (black or white). so many people here were quick to call dblue’s image ugly, while i find default pastel rainbow bars above the tracks so very appealing either. by defaulting track colors to something neutral in the build itself, you give the user complete control from the get go.

i’m gonna post some mock-ups of how this is more user friendly and functional.

+1.0x10^100^100

Perhaps a default dark theme and a randomize option to quickly populate the tracks with colors for a fast effect.
Perhaps we should include the track colors in the savable themes as well.

+1 for default track colour as black

+1 for colours relating to individual track arrangements as opposed to colour per track

The default colours look good.

People are going apeshit over the 2.5 screenshots for a reason.

You’re right, the timing to use these kind of colours is a bit too early ;)

my template

yes… I think it’s better time for ‘these’ colors…

I’m sure Santa will like this :D :D :P

man thats disgusting,if santa gives me that for christmas,he better run fast :angry:

Done for the next beta. Lets see how this works, if this solves anything…

awesome :D thank you taktik.

After all the fuzz this either does its job now, or no one cares?

just to make it clear: it’s waaaaay better this way.

It is better than group track coloring… you can now really do clip colouring to a reasonable detail.

this feature made the matrix a lot more useful for me. helps in keeping track of small variations in similar patterns. really loving this feature!