Doofer/Macro Automation

The idea is to add a button or such on the doofer and macros, so when you click it, all the sliders records to the pattern effects or automation if toggled.

I guess this should be possible doing with a tool, but i have no tool making capabilities, and i would prefer to see it as a native solution. Is there a tool for it already that i have missed perhaps?

Anyhow this would save me a lot of time automating the doofers and macros, i’m getting tired of entering all the pattern effects one by one. Actually this has become my most wanted feature at the moment.

What do you say? Let’s automate 8 times faster! :slight_smile:

8 times faster? I would like to challenge that statement :slight_smile:

Unless you mean recording ALL eight sliders - that would be a suggestion, yes. There is a tool however that does something closely related…afta8’s Snapshot

https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-tool-2-8-snapshot/39587

Here, you could simply choose when to “snapshot” all the doofer/macros parameters. It’s a quite handy tool and better than polluting the automation system with numerous unchanged values (if I understand your suggestion correctly)

But back to the topic of “i’m getting tired of entering all the pattern effects one by one”:

The Doofer, well that’s just a question of right-clicking to record automation - graphical or pattern effects, depending on which Automation record settings you have chosen. You know, that little icon in the pattern editor toolbar that can look like this 3.0_patterneditor-automation.png(pattern fx)or this 3.0_patterneditor-automationon.png(envelopes)

Same is true for the Macro device - but here, you need to insert it into a track first.

This is necessary since instruments are not hard-linked to a track in Renoise - without the macro device, there would simply be no track to record the automation into.

Sorry if I’m being a little over-obvious here, but someone might read this and pick up a few tricks :slight_smile:

8 times faster? I would like to challenge that statement :slight_smile:

Unless you mean recording ALL eight sliders - that would be a suggestion, yes. There is a tool however that does something closely related…afta8’s Snapshot

https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-tool-2-8-snapshot/39587

Here, you could simply choose when to “snapshot” all the doofer/macros parameters. It’s a quite handy tool and better than polluting the automation system with numerous unchanged values (if I understand your suggestion correctly)

But back to the topic of “i’m getting tired of entering all the pattern effects one by one”:

The Doofer, well that’s just a question of right-clicking to record automation - graphical or pattern effects, depending on which Automation record settings you have chosen. You know, that little icon in the pattern editor toolbar that can look like this (pattern fx)or this (envelopes)

Same is true for the Macro device - but here, you need to insert it into a track first.

This is necessary since instruments are not hard-linked to a track in Renoise - without the macro device, there would simply be no track to record the automation into.

Sorry if I’m being a little over-obvious here, but someone might read this and pick up a few tricks :slight_smile:

Of course i mean all 8 macros, why would i mean something else? Need to take a look at snapshot. :slight_smile:

Haha, i was beginning to wonder there for a second. :smiley: