Drag And Drop Selection-block In 1.5

Drag&Drop feature pisses me off.

Enable/Disable option would be nice.

:lol:

Alex, I think you’re on to something. I haven’t used it so far, except for trying it out. Why would I use drag n drop when you can do it by Ctrl+B/E/C/V? :)

What it all comes down to is that not eveyrone will be happy until there is an option like this:

off / on / on with alt key

Then we can start to argue about the default setting :lol:

well or Piano Roll again :)

I used it enough, but at any of those pointse there was no intention of using drag and drop at all. All i did was selecting a block at an incorrect offset or size and i wanted to redo the selection but all i get is this whole block suddenly starting to move while i expected totally different behaviour.

I’m used to the fact i made mistakes in 1.28 a similar way and i still have this phantom expectation that i could resolve my error the same way i did in 1.28.
But in 1.5 this suddenly went otherwise.

If a drag’n’drop button is the best compromise for everyone, then i have no troubles with a enable/disable drag’n’drop button feature.
(I should have added this in the poll, but this is something i can’t change anymore)

Yep, this is a classic. I remember it was a huge problem for me before undo was introduced…

When we reach Beta, the program should be feature complete
and only bugs should be left to fix. That’s the normal development
practice, and it’s a very sensible way.

ok … sounds logical :)

nevertheless an x-tra key for editing patterns with drag’n’drop is a solution but for me not the best one …

now how about expanding that prompt key allso to sample slot drag&drop function…just yesterday noticed that there is allso that function…and that explains all that lost sample data :D