Draggable Notes

Hola.

I’d like to see draggable notes.

Yes. So there. Currently we have draggable blocks, but this is slow and cumbersome because of the two-stage process: 1. mark block, 2. click and hold left mouse button on block, 3. wait, 4. drag. One-click draggable notes would mirror the function of any piano-roll editor that no one would want to do without.

This would interfere with block marking, so I suggest dragging notes - and blocks - is mapped to the middle click button, and in any case should be user configurable.

I have a different idea, why not select a piece of pattern and export
it to some file with only the notes.
Instead of saving a whole song,
you can save a single track or even a piece of track.

Later on, you import your great tune and give it some instrument assigment,
and import your favorite DS chain along with it, voila, quick variation is made!

As of now dragging with right mouse button still has no effect, i’d use that. It makes sense if you record a big piece live and just want to correct some notes.

While at it, another way to enhance this work flow could be to add a ALT+MOUSEWHEEL to transpose a note.

Edit: I’d remove the mousewheel scrolling behaviour and use it to transpose notes instead, and in place add a shortcut ALT+LEFT MOUSE to drag the pattern, which is also better because you can drag/scroll faster and even sideways.

Currently in 1.9.1 this wait-part has been removed. In Beta 2 you can enable drag and drop delay like it was in 1.9.0 and older. So now it is just dirst click the note then just click and drag. Still a two step but not as cumbersome as the wait thing.